sarongs

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good seller of Indonesian men's sarongs. I have only found one place online. Also does anyone know how to tell the differance between men's and women's.

G

gman

I only know of one and they state they are out of stock right now. Plus I don't know how the selection is. If you want you can check at serak.com.

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm always looking for another outlet just in case.

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was gonna make a crack about it being a Man Dress but then I remembered two things 1. My instructor occasionally wears one and they have some interesting uses 2. My ancestors wore kilts....which knowing my family was probably just for the expediency of getting to the Sgian Dbhu underneath

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
A "man dress?" People really think that? It never occured to me that my sarong was a form of transvestism. Maybe that's why I feel so complete when I wear it.

How...how could something sarong be so right?

Regards,

Steve

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
A "man dress?" People really think that? It never occured to me that my sarong was a form of transvestism. Maybe that's why I feel so complete when I wear it.

How...how could something sarong be so right?
he's at it again!...there should be a limit to the amount double entendre and puns allowed per day...:ultracool

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
*chuckle*

Anyways, I couldn't find a Sarong I liked online, so I just made my own. Well, I bought the material. Had someone sew/hem it. :D

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
*chuckle*

Anyways, I couldn't find a Sarong I liked online, so I just made my own. Well, I bought the material. Had someone sew/hem it. :D

Dude, a standard sarong on you would look like a mini-skirt on a grizzly bear. What did you use to make your personal one, a bed sheet. J/K

W

wadokai_indo

OULobo said:
Does anyone know of a good seller of Indonesian men's sarongs. I have only found one place online. Also does anyone know how to tell the differance between men's and women's.
The proper Indonesian spelling is "Sarung".. it is an indispensable part of our training in the style of Pencak Silat Paseban.

This is the men's version.

www.geocities.com/tukangbanting/silat.html

The women version has the same shape but different motif.. too bad I don't have pictures of it right now.

Hope this helps! :)

Ben Haryo

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
OULobo said:
Dude, a standard sarong on you would look like a mini-skirt on a grizzly bear. What did you use to make your personal one, a bed sheet. J/K

Hey... Don't be knockin my Sarong with the superman print... :D

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Marvin said:
i've got one I bought at an Inosanto seminar, what will you give me for it?

Sorry, too late. My original posting was almost exactly a year ago and I have since secured three fine men's sarongs. Still there may be someone else here interested.