Ruptured planteric tendon

kanjc

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ok so I did what everyone has done, I knew I was overdoing it and continued on and ruptured this planteric tendon, I guess it runs from the back of the knee down to your ankle...the doctor said no TKD for a few months (yeah right hahahahahahahahahah) so any suggestions? I can't run or jump using that leg and there is a tournament coming up in september and I would like to go so any ideas on how I can get itworking right again?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
kanjc said:
Ok so I did what everyone has done, I knew I was overdoing it and continued on and ruptured this planteric tendon, I guess it runs from the back of the knee down to your ankle...the doctor said no TKD for a few months (yeah right hahahahahahahahahah) so any suggestions? I can't run or jump using that leg and there is a tournament coming up in september and I would like to go so any ideas on how I can get itworking right again?

I suggest listening to the doctors advice. Going back too soon could result in further or more serious injury than you already have. It would probably be a good idea to go to physical therapy. The doctor should be able to give you some exercises to regain the strength and flexability.

Mike

F

first123class

Yes, I agree. Listen to the doctor. I know, since I been there.

If you can do accupuncture, it can shorten the time away from TKD.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe swimming would be okay to keep in shape, but I would ask your doc. Never heard of this ailment happening. Besides running and jumping, doing kicks would hurt it too, I would think. So it sounds like you are out of TKD including the tournament. Use cold packs on it until the swelling is down then use hot bath/soaks to help the healing. Tendons/ligaments take longer to heal. I had a pulled hamstring that took over a year because I kept re-injuring it. Besides if you further injure it after healing a little then working out and re-injuring it, it could become a chronic problem. Take it easy, go for the long run. TW

Latest Discussions