Rosstraining.com

MetalStorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone used these books and if so what do you think of them? I have heard a few good things but nothing too much so far, I am thinking of ordering them since I have looked through the samples and really like them.

http://www.rosstraining.com/

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I just got 'Never Gymless'. LOTS of great workout ideas in there, as well as general information about types of strength, types of exercises, and general conditioning. It is written in a very informal, readable style, but still covers the subject with some good depth.

As a 47-yr-old middle-aged Mom, I am definitely not in danger of being mistaken for 'She-Hulk the Barbarian MA Warrior'. The exercises/workout routines in the book cover the whole range, so they would be appropriate for a serious fighter-in-training. At the same time, the book gives some great ideas on how to build up to the more complex/difficult exercises, so someone like me (who can barely do one body-weight chinup) can also benefit.

The premise of the book is NOT that body-weight exercises are the be-all-to-end-all, but that you can develop a credible workout and build or maintain your fitness level, even if you have no access to a gym membership or expensive equipment. For those of you building your own 'home gym' with makeshift or borrowed equipment, for students on a budget, or for those who have time to train but not time to make another trip out to a gym/fitness center/weight room, this book is for you.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a big fan. I got one his older books, (it's no longe ron the site that I could tell)..I beleive the title is "Underground training for warrior fitness" and it's a really good book for body weight conditioning. A great thing to incorporate into whatever conditioning regime you are using (or for helping you to put something together). I'm liking the look of Infinite Intensity as well...might have to pick that up.

Anyway, Ross's books are relaitvely inexpensive, well written, clear pictures and instructions. You really can't go wrong with checking out his stuff.

Peace,
Erik

tahuti

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Watch Ross http://www.metacafe.com/watch/238426/the_home_gym/

That is basicly type of exercises from both books, and no that short clip doesn't represent all the contents from the books.

Main value is going thru various strength components (max strength, explosive strength, speed, endurance) and how to tailor program to your requirements. Focus is on combatitive athlete and improvised, simple and cheap equipment (that is more used in Infite Intesity, Never Gymless is pullup bar and abwheel). There are instructions on his website how to make sandbags, medicine ball...

Moto of his books is to understand principles and don't be slave to exercise mode (weights vs bodyweight, must run cause everyone else runs - without understanding what is goal of running...)

He also had some other products that are discontinued such as:

Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness
Medicine Ball Training
Punching with Power
The Boxers Guide to Performance Enhancement
Ultimate Training for Ultimate Warrior

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Go to Borders or any book store. Look under excerise's or muscle building. You will find tons of information each claiming to be the best.

Rosstraing is not different.

The key to physcial fitness is doing it everyday, with the right training programs that fits you!

Most people don't excerise at all. Even something as simple as jumping rope will improve your fitness (varietions helps even more).

Want to improve? Look at Core training, (Matt Hu??? wrestler) Help here?

Be wise research even more? there are many free downloads on the internet.

...........Aloha: (push-up, squats, sit-ups, running,walkinng everyday helps alot).

Latest Discussions