Roland Dantes in CRITICAL CONDITION!!!

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I just picked this up from FMA Forum:

Roland Dantes in Critical Condition

Rey Dominguez sent me a text message indicating that Roland Dantes is in critical condition at St. Luke's Hospital. Apparently it has to do with a heart condition and a clogged artery. I'll update as I'll get more details.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Dantes family and Guro Dantes' students!

DD09130.jpg

Respectfully,

Andy

P.S. The picture above shows Mr. Dantes with Mr. Worden...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best Wishes for Health and Recovery

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
MSTCNC

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
UPDATE!

A posting by Datu Hartman over on FMAT states that GM Dantes is currently in stable condition after a heart attack...

The posting goes on to state that GM Dantes may be facing cardiac-related surgery in the next few days...

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to GM Dantes, his family, his students, and his extended FMA family...

Respectfully,

Andy

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to hear his condition has stabalized.

If he does have to have surgery, I hope it goes well.

Jeff

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Thanks for letting us know this info.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sr. Master Dantes as well!!!

-Palusut

OP
MSTCNC

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Thanks for letting us know this info.

Not a problem, Sir! Glad to help... one of the few times being a forum/Martial Arts junkie comes in handy!

As for SGM Dantes condition... Pat O'Malley posted the following quote (from an uncited source) over on FMAT:

All GM's... GM Roland is out of dialysis & all ok so far. Will update you as we find out final decision about surgery. Still serious danger from aorta bllod vessel as it could rupture anytime. Your prayers have helped increadibly. Maraming Salamat.

Best Regards,

Andy

P.S. Growing up with a Minister father that I almost never saw eye-to-eye with (and still don't)... church is somewhere that you will rarely see me. However, I will be stopping in and lighting a candle for SGM Dantes... because (IMHO) every good vibe counts in a case like this...

OP
MSTCNC

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Robbie Trinindad (matawguro from FMA Forums) is a Member here or not... I know he's on FMAT...

Here's what he posted over there a little while ago...

I wanted to update last night but my DSL was down.

Roland Dantes is being transferred to the Philippine Heart Center to have fluid build-up removed from his lungs. He is in relatively high spirits and he thanks the FMA community for giving him the strength to fight on. He thanks you all for the prayers offered.

I'll be printing out this thread and sending him a copy to keep his spirits up.

Glad to hear that all of the good energy going SGM Dantes' way seems to be working!

Keep up the good work, Gang!

Best Regards,

Andy

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
To all NSI members and Brothers of the Art.
I was personally contacted today from Australia by David Foggie close student and friend of Roland Dantes.

Roland is a senior clan member of NSI and Modern Arnis, together we shared the last days with professor Presas. Not an easy time but through that we formed a Blood oath with Professor just prior to his death.

Now it is Roland who is faced with death, hospitalized for a Heart Aneurism he is not receiving the care he needs. The Philippines is not the U.S. they do not offer a "Welfare medical program" it is pay up front or die.

Remy Jr. suggested a fund raising seminar for the upcoming weekend. Honestly, that is not soon enough. I am at a loss for words right now. I am suggesting donations be offered as soon as possible, I am not one to ask so I will just give $1,000. of my saving to begin a offering to save his life. ($1,000. U.S. is a lot of money in the Philippines)

It is up to everyone to decide if they can assist in this task of Brotherhood,,, times are hard, really, I do understand... my contract with 1st. SFG ended this last month so I am faced with a different survival strategy than I have been faced with over the last 6 years. For me it becomes a matter of stepping up and doing what I can to assist in providing medical attention for a mentor, close friend, and blood brother of the art.

This is only an open request, you will not be judged by what contribution you do or don't make, please be assured my concern is only for the needs of Tito Roland Dantes. Additionally, knowing how difficult financial survival is in our daily life sometimes. Please consider this as only a letter sharing information about a Brother in the art, if you cannot donate financially, please offer prayer in your thoughts for Roland Dantes.

I will be calling the Philippines very shortly this evening to find out how the donations can be transferred to his account.

Any questions can be routed my way via my e-mail [email protected]
or a personal call at 253-202-7418
Respectfully, Kelly S. Worden

OP
MSTCNC

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This was posted over on FMA Forum earlier this morning:

Hello everyone,

I just came back from Heart Center, where I visited Manong Roland. So far, he did improve a bit from his previous condition. Manang Sheryl, his wife, said that they are hoping for a low-invasive procedure to address his problem. It would be possible if he stabilizes enough to undergo it. As of a while ago, he was smiling and receiving visitors warmly. He can talk, although he had to wear a breathing mask. Seeing him cheerful is enough to give us hope, but we all still should continue praying for him.

Sounds like slow but steady progress for Manong Roland!

Keep all that good energy flowing towards the PI, Gang!

Yours in the arts,

Andy

Latest Discussions