Revolution of Kicking-video

Faye

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi all-

I know this is very very basic, but I thought this clip was very nicely done, and I believe there are videos of other kicks as well, but this it he only one I can find, enjoy!

mms://211.55.33.159/asfroot/kicking_E300.asf

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faye, that first part was produced pretty well. I saw a roundhouse kick though not a back kick. Too bad they didn't do a English version. I didn't want to go through all the Korean with just the belt showing, it went on too long and when I advanced it , it quit. thanks, TW

OP
F

Faye

Green Belt
Reaction score
Will you please tell me how you like the DVD? Thank you!

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yeah...thanks for posting these...i've seen a bit of the roundhouse one...but not the front kick or back kick...

doughboy...let us know how they are...

T

Tkang_TKD

Tae Kwon Doughboy said:
After seeing a friends Taegeuk Poomse video tape by Sang H. Kim I ordered it and Complete Taekwondo Kicking on DVD this weekend from Turtle Press.

http://www.turtlepress.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=56

I think it will help me alot. I'm spinning and jumping challanged right now!
I bought the Taeguek and Palgwe Poomse Videos by Sang H. Kim. I highly recommend them both. Very well put together. NOTE: NOT TO BE USED AS A REPLACMENT TO ACTUAL TKD INSTRUCTION. GREAT TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY ON TECHNIQUES THOUGH! :D

T

Tae Kwon Doughboy

I watched the entire kicking DVD in one setting even though I had other things I should have been doing.

It is excellent. It shows each kick in normal speed with no target, slow motion with explaination, normal speed with tall free-standing bag and normal speed with a person with pads.

I like being able to watch a certain kick over and over again to see what I'm missing. It's really hard to do that in class.

I was chambering to high and wide before pivoting for a roundhouse. I always wondered what to do with my hands. Now I know! Well worth the $29.

OP
F

Faye

Green Belt
Reaction score
Excellent!! I think i should get one, I agree, as a supplement, this should be great!!

Just checking, did they have a section on spinning hook, for some reason, this kick, i just don't get, I think I'm getting better now, the other day, the instructor told us to do a round kick, and then a turn- hook kick, and all of a sudden, with just half of a turn, my kick look so much nicer, however, if i have to spin the whole thing, I'm back to square one.

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Seen both I'd vote for kicking revolution, if they had it in DVD. Both are very good supplements to your tkd knoweldge. Quite honestly when presented in Korean it also tests your adaptibility with Korean language.

Latest Discussions