Revolution of Kicking DVD

Decker

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi all.

Anyone heard of a "Revolution of Kicking" DVD? I stumbled across clips of it on YouTube, seems very comprehensive. Searches on Amazon.com and Yahoo Auctions yielded no results. Google showed some obscure (to me) sites having it, but out of stock.

Sample:

Also, anyone heard of TKDTutor.com? I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been on TKDTutor.com before. If I recall it has several short articles on different aspects of training. An ok site. More information than a random dojang website, but not as much as MT!

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a set of the Revolution of Kicking videos on VHS. Haven't seen the DVD version, but I found the videos useful. There is a series of books on kicking by Shawn Kovacich easily bought from Amazon that also contains lots of hints on executing and improving your kicking prowess.

Obviously, be sure to seek out quality in-person instruction first so you can have direct feedback.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a set of the Revolution of Kicking videos on VHS. Haven't seen the DVD version, but I found the videos useful. There is a series of books on kicking by Shawn Kovacich easily bought from Amazon that also contains lots of hints on executing and improving your kicking prowess.

The Kovacich books are quite good in stressing the basics and in decomposing the kick into separate phases each of which has to be doable in perfect balance and body configuration for the sum of the parts to yield full power. It's the kind of material that a good instructor might recommend to students as reference or background material, to help then remember what the separate stages are. SK is particularly good in support of in-class emphasis on nailing down the chamber. He's also got a nice, clear, clean prose style.

Obviously, be sure to seek out quality in-person instruction first so you can have direct feedback.

Yes, it's like anything else—even the best description in the world won't translate directly into the correct body-sense corresponding to ideal execution. Someone has to be there looking at what you're doing in real time.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have the first series of Revolution of Kicking on dvd and recommend it highly. Not only are the various kicks demonstrated skillfully, but proper body position, and training suggestions and applications are shown. The series is under the direction of Grandmaster Kang, Shin Chul whose students are consistent winners at the Hanmadang. Actually, all of the videos I have with GM Kang are of extremely high quality. There is a Korean-language only series of the Poomsae and an older video specifically for help in training for poomsae competition. Here is a link to a clip in which GM Kang demonstrates stretching from the latter video:

Miles

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have the first series of Revolution of Kicking on dvd and recommend it highly. Not only are the various kicks demonstrated skillfully, but proper body position, and training suggestions and applications are shown. The series is under the direction of Grandmaster Kang, Shin Chul whose students are consistent winners at the Hanmadang. Actually, all of the videos I have with GM Kang are of extremely high quality. There is a Korean-language only series of the Poomsae and an older video specifically for help in training for poomsae competition. Here is a link to a clip in which GM Kang demonstrates stretching from the latter video:

Miles

Yjanks for the link and yes the series is worth every penny.

Latest Discussions