Rescued Baby Hummingbird

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Watching this was simply awesome. The baby is sooo tiny and the guy took such good care of it...
[yt]LvrcdQWzH-8[/yt]
This is from the guy's personal comments, and all I could do was nod and applaud in approval.
This is a baby hummingbird I rescued after it was attacked.
The song is "Better Together" by Jack Johnson.
UPDATE!!! when she thought she was ready to leave (and she was) she flew off to her favorite patch of the back yard, and her instincts instantly kicked in, and now she's just like all the other hummingbirds. for those that are concerned that she has imprinted on humans and wouldn't survive in the wild, don't worry, she is thriving. she has even successfully migrated and returned back to my yard. and for those who think i didn't know what i was doing, i did NOT feed her plain sugar water. i went outside 3 times a day and caught flies from my compost bin in big bags, crushed them, and mixed them in as well. I also helped her learn to catch flies while flying (not in the video because you obviously wouldn't be able to see the flies). in the end, i don't think it could have worked out any better

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is cool!

We had a baby hummingbird literally stop and sit right in front of the wife and I the other day at our house here in Las Vegas. Just sit for two or three minutes. It was amazing!
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions