Regrets? I've had a few...but then again, too few to...

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I do have a regret that eats me up alot more than it should. I had an opportunity to play Major League Baseball out of high school. Scouts were interested in me and there were some offers on the table but I walked away. Decided to take some time off to 'find' myself, lol. I was actually a very talented ballplayer with an 'attitude' and very immature.

So, to make a long story short, I totally regret that move I made. Not to mention that it devastated my dad who had been grooming me for MLB since I was able to walk.

Am I the Lone Ranger here or doe's anyone else have a regret in their life that eats at them a little?

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I grew up in a skiing family. I got very good at racing downhill and moguls. I got very good at it, but I learned to dislike the regiment of training. I missed the freestyle of jyst having fun.

Each of us makes a choice. I think you made the choice you wanted to...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My only regret was not to spend the quality time with family and friends before the cross over, if I would have known what I know today I would have cheerish those moments longer.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I grew up in a skiing family. I got very good at racing downhill and moguls. I got very good at it, but I learned to dislike the regiment of training. I missed the freestyle of jyst having fun.

Each of us makes a choice. I think you made the choice you wanted to...
Don't get me started on that subject. That's part of the reason I walked away from baseball. Just wanted to be a ski bum.
icon12.gif

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh man! I'd love to be a snowboard bum and get paid for it. But then again, I would have to work a real job in the summer anyway.

My regrets: Quiting school (I did go back to night school to get my GED, though). I could have picked better friends back then, also. Maybe I wouldn't have been so much into partying and getting into trouble. I didn't go to college either. I still want to, though (right now, funds are an issue).

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, regrets. I don't know where to start. The important thing is learning how to accept them, put them in the past and thereby take away their power. It took me many years to achieve that.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I do have a regret that eats me up alot more than it should. I had an opportunity to play Major League Baseball out of high school. Scouts were interested in me and there were some offers on the table but I walked away. Decided to take some time off to 'find' myself, lol. I was actually a very talented ballplayer with an 'attitude' and very immature.

So, to make a long story short, I totally regret that move I made. Not to mention that it devastated my dad who had been grooming me for MLB since I was able to walk.

Am I the Lone Ranger here or doe's anyone else have a regret in their life that eats at them a little?

I can relate. I was playing semi-pro baseball and I hit a point where I just wasn't enjoying it anymore so i stopped. Sometimes i look back and think that I couild have taken better advantage of it because that was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was doing well. But I think i did what was right for me at the time just as you did.
You can't know what would have happened had you stayed on that path but either way its now up to you to make a bright future with the path that you chose. Have faith in yourself that you made the right choice! There must have been a good reason why you took a break.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, regrets. I don't know where to start. The important thing is learning how to accept them, put them in the past and thereby take away their power. It took me many years to achieve that.

Pretty much my experience exactly. I still haven't put some of my regrets to rest, but I'm working on it.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I regret not going to college. For one I was never encouraged to go. My family couldn't pay for it so....
For another, I already had a job when I graduated high school, why give up the money? I couldn't wait to graduate as it was much less continue school. I do regret it now.

Another thing I regret...several years ago I had a choice that would take me in 2 different directions. I like to draw, I am good at it but I have never had any formal training. I was offered free private lessons by a professional artist who was a friend of a friend and I actually took a few that were great. But I got side-tracked pursuing a NARHA certification and instructing for the local therapeutic riding program. That side-tracked me for several years. Well now that's all long and gone and I wish I had the art training. It could have served me well at this point in time. *sigh*

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I joined the Marine Corps right out of High School, by the time I finished my training Marines were no longer being sent to Viet Nam, and while intellectually I realize how lucky I was, I have always felt as if I didn't really do my part, and I have always regretted that.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are times I regret going through with my divorce, even though there were many things that had gone wrong.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good advice. For the most part I'm able to do that. I just seem to get this way every year at this time (start of baseball season).

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can relate. I was playing semi-pro baseball and I hit a point where I just wasn't enjoying it anymore so i stopped. Sometimes i look back and think that I couild have taken better advantage of it because that was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was doing well. But I think i did what was right for me at the time just as you did.
You can't know what would have happened had you stayed on that path but either way its now up to you to make a bright future with the path that you chose. Have faith in yourself that you made the right choice! There must have been a good reason why you took a break.
That's part of what happened to me. It got so serious that I lost the enjoyment.

Latest Discussions