recovery

mcantele

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been "lurking" for a while since I originally registered, and haven't posted since my original in Meet and Greet. I have been able to continue with TKD throughout my healing from Achilles Tendonitis. As I wrote in an earlier posting, "You don't want anything to do with this injury". It is still a real consideration with most everything I do, but, I have not given up. I have just limited my jumping, and am seeing some improvement. At 49, I am actually more driven than most, and I believe this is contributing to my recovery. I will test for blue belt in a couple of weeks, thanks, in part to the input I recieved from many of you. I was considering looking for an Art with a bit less jumping. But have found it is possible to fully participate by recognizing my limitation and working around it. It's time for my morning work out, so have a good day. Mike

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations - too many people wouldn't work around an injury like that; they'd either quit or re-injure it. I look forward to hearing more about how your training is going.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been "lurking" for a while since I originally registered, and haven't posted since my original in Meet and Greet. I have been able to continue with TKD throughout my healing from Achilles Tendonitis. As I wrote in an earlier posting, "You don't want anything to do with this injury". It is still a real consideration with most everything I do, but, I have not given up. I have just limited my jumping, and am seeing some improvement. At 49, I am actually more driven than most, and I believe this is contributing to my recovery. I will test for blue belt in a couple of weeks, thanks, in part to the input I recieved from many of you. I was considering looking for an Art with a bit less jumping. But have found it is possible to fully participate by recognizing my limitation and working around it. It's time for my morning work out, so have a good day. Mike

Mike good luck on your upcoming test. it is great to hear that you are working through your injury and have realized your limitations. Most people would not have done this and probably just quit instead. I give you a lot of credit!

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Latest Discussions