"Rant Thread Warning" Chat Boards in TKD

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This has become more and more of a problem with decussion boards, especially with TKD in General. People ask for opinion, comments or stupid *** question and than expect those of us who answer to take into consideration about your personal feelings about the matter. Please keep your emotion on the sideline and if you do not want people to be blunt about there answer do not ask question. This has become so evident on these decussion board over the last year. Some of you so called TKD'ers that have these whinning emotion to answer about question could never train with some of the people I know simply because they would ask you to leave there schools.

Grow up and take a person response as just that a response if yu do not like it fine, but to try and start a flame war over a response in simply being a baby. I for one do not care if you like my answer to certain thing or not, that is why Martial Talk has an ignore feature so you do not have to see that person response at all. It is just not here but all chat line that this is happening so is it the few that cannot handle the truth or people ideals that do not agree with yours or is it just that people have to find something to ***** about like me today. I am never going to be perfect but one thing for sure Ia m always very blunt about my opinions and remember opinions are not right or wrong like some think. Opinions are what certain people believe in and not all people will agree with, facts and figures are right or wrong. Please remeber this when youdo not like what people here say it is an opinion and opinions are what make us get though each moment in everyday.

Now back to decussion and opinion about things that may or may not matter.:asian:
icon10.gif
icon14.gif

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dear Terry, an opinion is an opinion you are right. There is such a member of this forum that really bothers me because the opinion of this fellow always try to make me feel embarased, some times the coments of this person are a pain on my ........ but I try to be polite and not give so much atention to this person.

Most of the followers of this forum/site are my compadres and just one or two guys does not represent a thing to detract me to keep posting my silly questions and dilemas.

So compadre let's keep posting and having an ice cold beer amoung us and.... some nachos with hot salsa... and salud (cheers) for every one.

Manny

Tyrant171

White Belt
Reaction score
Grow up and take a person response as just that a response if yu do not like it fine, but to try and start a flame war over a response in simply being a baby.

Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture here, but isn't this entire thread premised on the fact that you're unhappy with someone's response to you in another thread? Don't mean to fan the flames, but c'mon...

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of my favorite sayings when I was a management consultant was: I can tell you what you want to hear or I can tell you the truth. Telling you what you want to hear will cost you 4 or 5 times over what listening to the truth would have been.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
uhhhhh... what I miss?

havent been posting much lately, with so much going on. I missed something. But agree, I always believed in being straight forward.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that personal shots and insults are never allowed here - the posting rules are very available and if someone posts personal insults - or sends them to you in a private message or leaves it as a rep comment, contact the moderators or other members of staff.

Posts have a little yellow triangle in the upper right hand corner you can use to report the post to the staff.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
uhhhhh... what I miss?

havent been posting much lately, with so much going on. I missed something. But agree, I always believed in being straight forward.
Terry is just pissy because he feels Miller Lite is good because it is less filling while I, the more intelligent one, know it is good because it tastes great. ~sigh~ You just can't get through to some people. :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that personal shots and insults are never allowed here - the posting rules are very available and if someone posts personal insults - or sends them to you in a private message or leaves it as a rep comment, contact the moderators or other members of staff.

Posts have a little yellow triangle in the upper right hand corner you can use to report the post to the staff.
Excellent points. Play by the rules, and you can have some pretty interesting, productive discussions, even as you disagree with each other.

It's also important to remember that the textual format of message boards occasionally leads to misunderstandings. Much of our communication face-to-face is conveyed through tone of voice and body language or expression. That's almost all missing in text communications. Smileys or emoticons can help -- but are also subject to misunderstanding. Just consider the range of meanings that can be conveyed with the words "How special!" or "Great!"

Last edited:
OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry is just pissy because he feels Miller Lite is good because it is less filling while I, the more intelligent one, know it is good because it tastes great. ~sigh~ You just can't get through to some people. :)

See even now you can never get this right it is Michelob Ultra all the way, can you just once get it right....
icon10.gif

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Opinions are what certain people believe in and not all people will agree with, facts and figures are right or wrong.

I think the biggest problem is when people confuse fact with opinion, or give opinions based on little or no facts.

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry I am one of those people who like to hear the truth. But you know about the truth, it will set you free but first it will piss you off. By the way what is the deal with the crazy posts. Like the guy that wants to go live in a cave. Or how about the other person that shows random videos with out any explanation as to why they are being bunched together. Why is someone getting the panties in a twist over something that someone rights on a message board.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem is when people confuse fact with opinion, or give opinions based on little or no facts.

...and then get offended when called on it.

C'mon Terry, quit dancin' around it and tell us what you really think!:ultracool

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I dont waste my time with either... I drink Yeungling Lager

or DOS XX lager...
dosxx.jpg

cause I AM the most......

:cheers:

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

so basically, someone asked an OPINION type question, and took the answer personally????

ok caught up now.

this is whats wrong with our country now... everyone is so damn sensitive. dont say this cause someone might not like it, dont do that cause it may offend someone...

give me a break.

I am with you terry, people need to worry about themselves and thier actions and keep thier sensitive feelings to thierselves... If you dont lke what you hear or see, dont listen and change the damn channel...

I AM READY TO RANT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
On the issue of Truth and Facts?

First telling the truth many times is punished or not rewarded because the person asking is not asking a question but a rehtorical statement. They want their preconcieved ideas reinforced.

Getting back to the statements made on a regular basis on this forum that all people are wrong or some how less intellegent becasue they disagree or base thier opinion on a different set of enviromental factors is just arogant? ( not you Terry)

The statement they don't have the facts is also debatable. You have only to go to scientific studies where many facts are collected but the interpretation of those facts are based on the bias or special interest of the person or company who is publishing the results to get what they want.

Stating opinions that you are right and others wrong solely on the basis of the media or it is written in a book does not necessarily require a person to have to believe what you say as if it is given from God himself.

A rose by any other name smells the same? I also find it interesting not just here but in our communities that the information given out will be based on having value or not depending on who gives it out? 2 plus 2 should add up to 4? but depending on who is saying apparently not?

Good Rant Terry Ive enjoyed the tit for tat. By the way Japanes Bear Sapporo is the best did you know that the Japenes invented bear? over 2000 years ago? Not that I care I was just told that one time it still taste the same.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
The statement they don't have the facts is also debatable. You have only to go to scientific studies where many facts are collected but the interpretation of those facts are based on the bias or special interest of the person or company who is publishing the results to get what they want.

We don't need to go to scientific studies. Facts are facts. Monday follows Sunday is a fact. If someone argues that no, Sunday follows Monday, is that debatable because of an "interpretation" based on bias or special interest of the person stating, factually, that Monday follows Sunday to get what they want? Or does in fact Monday follows Sunday?