Qualification for international WTF competition

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What is the qualification to go to like the dutch open or the german open? I mean I know all orgs can send there team but what about an individual instructor can he send any players without the USAT or the AAU or any other org? I know back in the seventies and early eighties if you could offord it you could pay and compete. Please lets keep this on topic, I search the web and could not find any info. regarding this matter. Thank you all ahead of time.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So as long as you belong to the USAT or AAU you can take players is that right. Sorry it say members must belong to a National body but it does not say there own National team.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
So as long as you belong to the USAT or AAU you can take players is that right. Sorry it say members must belong to a National body but it does not say there own National team.
As long as it is WTF recognized you are OK. This is just like the US Open. This is an international event. Membership with USAT will sufice, not sure about AAU. Is AAU WTF recognized?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As long as it is WTF recognized you are OK. This is just like the US Open. This is an international event. Membership with USAT will sufice, not sure about AAU. Is AAU WTF recognized?

Yes the AAU took a team last year to it so they are, but we are both with the AAU and USAT for different reason I assure you.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes the AAU took a team last year to it so they are, but we are both with the AAU and USAT for different reason I assure you.
Then you are good to go my friend. If you go I wish you good luck. I may be having our schools participate in some AAU events also. It would be good experience and we should see some different fighters. As it is now we see mostly the same fighters each time at USAT events. Evey now and then you get a different face but they are new and not quality fighters for the most part. Would be good to see some new faces that are good fighters too.

Latest Discussions