Purple Belt

M

Martial_Maniac

I just thought i would make this thread to honor my little siter who will be recieving her puple belt tonight. We both currently study Ralph Castro's American Shaolin Kenpo Karate. I have studied this art since last April, and she started last July.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's really cool! She will do just fine. Let us know how her test went!

- Ceicei

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to sister! Nice of you to remember and encourage her. TW :partyon:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's here it for the little sista! Whoot Whoot! :partyon:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's nice to see in today world that a brother would do something like this for his sister congrats to her and high five for you.:popcorn: :yinyang: :angel:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
By now, her test should be over and she received her purple belt. Let your sister know I say Congratulations!!! :partyon:

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congradulations

Have you started on "mountain Meets River" yet?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to your sister and an "atta boy" to you for supporting her!

Miles

OP
M

Martial_Maniac

Well, my sister is now officially a purple belt. She is so happy and I am so happy for her. Thanks to all you guys for showing support. Oh, The Kai, no we have not yet started mountain meets river, but should start it soon. I have seen others perform it and it is a very short dance.

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Martial Maniac, your style is called Shaolin Kenpo Karate. Since the name incorporates both Chinese (Shaolin) and Japanese (Karate) words, I was wondering if the style does the same.

~ Loki

OP
S

safeeagle

Great!!! What Motivation For Your Sister. This Is What Martial Arts Is All About.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No offense, but I had always struggled with terms being used between cultural indifferense. Like Shaolin Do, Shaolin Kenpo,.....etc...why use the term Shaolin to begin with?

OP
M

Martial_Maniac

Well, these are my answers to the questions. The name of our art was originally Kenpo Karate. GGM Ralp Castro trained under Proffessor William K.S. Chow in Hawaii for many years. He then came to America and recieved his black belt from Ed Parker. After many years of training, GGM Castro and William Chow devgeloped the system called Kenpo Karate, with Proffesor Chow being Great Grandmaster. When GGM Chow became sick or something, he went to live with GGM Castro and his family. Before GGM Chow died, he asked Ralph Castro to rename the system Shaolin Kenpo Karate to acknowledge it's roots at the Shaolin Temple in China. We practice many techniques that are very much based on Asian and other eastern influences. Here are two links that might give more info:http://www.shaolinkenpo.com/faqs.htm and http://www.shaolinkenpo.com/lineage.htm. This is just my understanding and I might have gotten some wrong, which is kinda sad because my instructor is GGM Castro's daughter.

Latest Discussions