Punched in the face by yellow belt

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In our art, we often say the most dangerous students are white belts and brown belts. The white belts are unpredictable and uncontrollable, and the brown belts want their black so much they become aggressive. We don't trust either group.
In mine we often say green belts are because their next belt is brown and they've got all the skills and the power but haven't learnt the control and they want the brown which is second most major belt behind black

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and I need help I was sparring today and I got hit in the nose by a yellow belt which is the third rank in our dojo. I'm a brown belt close to black. Why do I feel so down about this? I'm happy he's getting better at sparring but still. Help pls.

You're down about it because you have too much ego wrapped up in what's wrapped around the waist.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're a brown belt and you're upset about getting punched in the face? Wtf are you doing? This should be a common occurance and no big deal, definately not worth going to the Internet to post about. I've seen at least a couple of posts about "winning" against other practitioners, I don't see how you can win a sparring match. You win competitions but sparring is all about skill development, you don't beat or win against an opponent and unless there are judges or scorekeepers you can't beat or win, it can be pretty subjective in these situations. if a brown belt is alarmed at getting hit in the face I'd bet he hasn't done enough sparring. You don't beat the less experienced, you play at their level and allow them openings and work on your weaknesses. If you have to try to "beat" a newb you're not that good.
You don't have a clue. Right?

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes, it is not what you say, but how you say it. :cool:
I'm not entirely sure what you mean but that's okay. This guy just seems to not like my posts in other threads too. I'm not into sugar coating my thoughts sometimes. In this case I really don't see a problem with getting punched in the face by a lower level. It happens to me all the time, sometimes I let the guy do it other times I make him (or her) work for it. Either way it's not an issue and it should never be.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what you mean but that's okay. This guy just seems to not like my posts in other threads too. I'm not into sugar coating my thoughts sometimes. In this case I really don't see a problem with getting punched in the face by a lower level. It happens to me all the time, sometimes I let the guy do it other times I make him (or her) work for it. Either way it's not an issue and it should never be.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But I'm not into sugar coating my thoughts either.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But I'm not into sugar coating my thoughts either.
My feelings aren't hurt so don't lose any sleep. I just don't know why you're being so obtuse.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please return to the original topic.

jks9199
Admin