Proper paperwork & cost

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was wondering all of you that does tournaments how do you handle the cost of said tournament. Do you charge a coaches fee, extra fee's to help cover your personal cost or do you as the instructor just pay out of pocket. I know I find it stupid to pay to be a coach for the people you train and I also find it stupid that the cost to do any credible tournament is over a houndred bucks plus travel food lodging and all the other little thing they nickel and dime you for. Just looking for honest answers.
Terry Lee Stoker

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't charge anyone anything. I have had people offer to reimburse me, but the offer is all I really want. I don't need (or want) their money. I just want them to appreciate it. Unfortunately, most of the time I feel like I'm being taken for granted, but enough appreciate it that I continue. I work with these competitors week in and week out. I know their strengths and weaknesses. I know how to coach them on an individual basis. The thought of doing all that and then letting someone else be there for the moment of truth doesn't make sense to me. I know. I'm a chump. What can I say. At the end of the day, I find it gratifying with or with anyone's appreciation.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
To cover the cost of being a coach I will compete also. I compete in tourneys that have cash payout for BB winners. I have also had students offer to reimburse me, but I would much rather they keep their money. I get more from coaching them to a victory, whether it is from pride or advertising. If, as a coach, we are having to worry about getting our money we are not going in the right direction. IMHO.

J

jkdhit

my instructors always pay out of their own pocket and the students always just pay small portions which are normally somewhere around $20-50

Latest Discussions