Proper knife for Kali

jysEXP

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm intrested in Pekiti Tirsia Kali,but am not sure on the signature knife. I'm looking at Spiderco's are those a wise choice?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a "signature" knife, the ginunting can probably be considered a "signature" sword, but I can't think of anything for a knife.

Lamont

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, they do have a signature sword, but if they have a distinctive knife it's news to me.

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
if i am not mistaken i think that thier knife is called a pakal fighter and zach whitson knows a hell of alot about pekiti. he owns iron mountain knives so check him out tell him i sent you.
later
Jason Arnold
Parker/Planas Lineage
CANADA

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
if i am not mistaken i think that thier knife is called a pakal fighter and zach whitson knows a hell of alot about pekiti. he owns iron mountain knives so check him out tell him i sent you.
later
Jason Arnold
Parker/Planas Lineage
CANADA

While I do think that PTK was (and is) a big inflluence on making such a design popular (reverse grip edge in) I can't really say that is a "pekiti knife." Every time I have seen Tuhon Gaje, he has been playing with something different, as an example I've seen him have: an Emerson karambit, cold steel voyager, some bear claw type, and a balisong, and this is out of meeting him 3 times. He seems to like variety in his carry items.... :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not believe that PTK has a signature knife.

It doesn't, to my knowledge.

But, to echo Silatman's comments, you don't train with a knife, you train with a training blade.

Latest Discussions