"Professor" Linda McManus Promoted to 6th Degree!!!

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If that's what Jeff's standards are I don't see a problem. An organization is judged by it's members and I think this promotion says a lot.

:asian:

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Jeff was promoted to 5th Dan in 2001. I have not heared, that he was promoted any higher after that.
Now he promotes somebody to 6th Dan...?

Well...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Delany is the Grandmaster of Modern Arnis (according to his advertisements), which would make him a 10th I believe.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Mr. Delany is the Grandmaster of Modern Arnis (according to his advertisements), which would make him a 10th I believe.

In my own opinion they are putting a serious black eye
on this art.
It seems to me that they are handing out rank
like a prise from a cracker jack box. :bs:

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, it seems to me that the Modern Arnis community on the whole is much larger than the Delaney tribe. As Datu Hartman put it, their actions speak to their integrity and quality assurance deficiencies. So be it. Time will bear out the invalidity of their delusions.

I have communicated with enough respected people in the community to form a justified opinion on the matter.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi All,

My question is this: Why is anyone surprised? Jeff heads his own IMAF and has for a bit of time now. He also calls himself Grandmaster so, by that fact alone, he is in a position to promote anyone he pleases. Lisa McManus has been his #1 protege since he has adopted the Grandmaster title so it surprises me not in the least that she got a promotion. Lisa was promoted to 5th degree shortly after Prof. Presas' death - somewhere within a year or so I believe.

If she and Jeff ever go to the PI they might be in somewhat of a surprise themselves in the Modern Arnis community there.

Ever since the "family" split up after "Dad's" death, things like this will go on. Oh well...

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Latest Discussions