Professor Ferriera & Motobu Sensei Coming to CT

SenseiKeith

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
[SIZE=+2]Valley Shore Martial Arts [/SIZE]

presents

[SIZE=+2]Professor Ferriera + Two Generations of the Motobu Family [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Now you have a chance to meet these world famous martial artists. . .[/SIZE]

Sunday, April 20, 2008
$100.00 (Before April 15)
$125.00 (After April 15)
$25 For DVD of the Entire Seminar
During his 35 years in the martial arts and 20 years in military service, Professor Ferreira has studied many styles. Now you can learn what he has discovered through his training. Take a look at http://www.kempojutsu.com for more information on this living legend.
Chosei Motobu Sensei is the son of legendary Karate master Choki Motobu and Naokison Motobu Sensei is his grandson. These two martial artists will be teaching the materials they learned from legendary Choki Motobu.

For Registration call Valley Shore Martial Arts at (860) 767-1014. www.valleyshoremartialarts.com

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep, you are correct Jesse. The other one already existed when it was time to move Prof. Kimo to a 'real' web host. Had to settle for '.net'

I didn't know until just recently that Motobu Sensei was coming up north - I had only been under the impression that he was coming to NC. That saves me a long car ride.

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel sorry for anyone who missed this one - it was fantastic. I met a lot of nice folks this weekend, and it was great to get a chance once again to learn from Motobu Sensei. Getting to spend a couple days working with Professor Kimo was awesome as well. It was great having just seen him in NY to get to work with him again so soon.

HeKi00841

White Belt
Reaction score
It was certainly a great day.

The seminar itself was impressive ( well what do you expect from the Great Martial Arts Grandmasters involved).

However, the the friendliness and hospitality given to myself (from Wales) and my friend (who came from England) was also amazing ( well beyond what either of us expected).

I was also lucky to get a training partner who had a high work rate ( JT did not slack at all) and all the guys from Keith and Matt's dojos very helpful - especially with aspects of martial arts which my own style does not emphasise. Keith himself also very helpful and kind. I can see that the quality of martial arts over there are very high.

Thanks for a great time. (Well worth comming over the Atlantic for)

Hefin

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It was certainly a great day.

The seminar itself was impressive ( well what do you expect from the Great Martial Arts Grandmasters involved).

However, the the friendliness and hospitality given to myself (from Wales) and my friend (who came from England) was also amazing ( well beyond what either of us expected).

I was also lucky to get a training partner who had a high work rate ( JT did not slack at all) and all the guys from Keith and Matt's dojos very helpful - especially with aspects of martial arts which my own style does not emphasise. Keith himself also very helpful and kind. I can see that the quality of martial arts over there are very high.

Thanks for a great time. (Well worth comming over the Atlantic for)

Hefin

Thanks for the bruises Heifin!!! It was a great day.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. :) Anyone up for a brief update on what was taught? I was fortunate to attend a Prof. Kimo seminar a while back. Needless to say I left that seminar with alot of great stuff!

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. :) Anyone up for a brief update on what was taught? I was fortunate to attend a Prof. Kimo seminar a while back. Needless to say I left that seminar with alot of great stuff!

Lets see, Mutobu Sensei and students demonstrated some great staff and katana kata. Mutobu demonstrated Naihanchi, in his 80's fast and strong as an Ox!! They taught self defense from the 12 defense kata #'s 1-5.

Prof. Kimo went over Thundering Hammers, some joint manipulation off pushes, kake te drills, several variations with the pendulum hammer, leg checks, Several Chow techniques (one which was really interesting to see because it was Parkers Delayed Sword grafted with Sword of Destruction which is one of the ways I introduce grafting to my students). This doesn't even begin to do the seminar justice it was phenominal.

Reactions: MJS

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets see, Mutobu Sensei and students demonstrated some great staff and katana kata. Mutobu demonstrated Naihanchi, in his 80's fast and strong as an Ox!! They taught self defense from the 12 defense kata #'s 1-5.

Prof. Kimo went over Thundering Hammers, some joint manipulation off pushes, kake te drills, several variations with the pendulum hammer, leg checks, Several Chow techniques (one which was really interesting to see because it was Parkers Delayed Sword grafted with Sword of Destruction which is one of the ways I introduce grafting to my students). This doesn't even begin to do the seminar justice it was phenominal.

Very cool!! Thanks for the review!!

Mike

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score

delayed Sword grafted with Sword of Destruction?? what,,:eye-popping: you wait till call Kimo, thats what i do,,only joking:duh: it looks like that a lot of the kenpo guys, when teaching at seminars so the same stuff,( i mean that in a good way):asian:

OP
S

SenseiKeith

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
We have a dvd of this event if you are ever interested in seeing it.

OP
S

SenseiKeith

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know this is way late but thank you for the kind words it was great to have you. I know I am late I never bothered to look at this thread after the event. Sorry !

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
That was an amazing event. It was just spectacular to have Motobu sensei demonstrate his father's techniques. For a gentleman of his age, he had forearms and calves like iron. His technique was just solid.

He was really kind and patient too. He's the sort of guy with that quiet dignity that I hope I attain by the time I'm his age. I'm not sure I'll get there.

I know this thread is old, but it was a darn good seminar. Thanks for the memories.

Latest Discussions