Professor Chow Video

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have now posted on my website, a short video clip of Prof. Chow giving a demo at Ralph Castro's 1982 "California Karate Championships". Even though Prof. Chow was 68 years old at the time, he is still very impressive in this video.
I want to thank Prof. Eugene Sedeno for providing this important piece of American martial arts history.

http://www.kajukenboinfo.com/professor_chow.html

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
John Bishop said:
I have now posted on my website, a short video clip of Prof. Chow giving a demo at Ralph Castro's 1982 "California Karate Championships". Even though Prof. Chow was 68 years old at the time, he is still very impressive in this video.
I want to thank Prof. Eugene Sedeno for providing this important piece of American martial arts history.

http://www.kajukenboinfo.com/professor_chow.html
Thank you, sure you don't have more.
Sean

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
very impressive for a man of that age! I hope I am just as skilled when I am 68!

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post this video. Much appreciated!

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

K

KempoSpirit

Hi John, This is an awsome clip, since there is practically nothing visual you can get your hands on about the Professor!! Our teacher's teacher was Professor Cerio and his teacher was (who else) Professor Chow. The stories Prof. Cerio would tell about his training days with them are great.
For posterity sake (and as a gift to my teacher) is there any way I could get a copy of the ".wmv" file so I can write it to cd?? (Please!)
Sincerely!
Jeff Davis

K

Karazenpo

KempoSpirit said:
Hi John, This is an awsome clip, since there is practically nothing visual you can get your hands on about the Professor!! Our teacher's teacher was Professor Cerio and his teacher was (who else) Professor Chow. The stories Prof. Cerio would tell about his training days with them are great.
For posterity sake (and as a gift to my teacher) is there any way I could get a copy of the ".wmv" file so I can write it to cd?? (Please!)
Sincerely!
Jeff Davis

Jeff, Here's a post I came across on the Kenponet you might enjoy.

Response to Professor Chow Video

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the three people that I wanted to see footage of and had no idea if there was any to be seen. Thank You! The other two are James Mitose and Choki Motubu. I sincerely doubt any footage of Motubu exists, but would be curious to see if there's any on Mitose. Thank you again. ---Dan Weston

PS He reminded me of a cross between Parker and Cerio in the way he moved. Awesome!

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, video of Professor is indeed rare for most of us...

S

shane59101

i want to thank you for the video of Professor Chow i have been in Kara-Ho for 10 years and know how hard it is to find any info on him I was a real treat to see him in action thanks again

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the video clip, any more? (hadda ask). Great performance, I wish I look like that when I am in my 60's (or 40's for that matter).

Todd

youngbraveheart

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recently saw Professor Chow's "uke" (the one in the video) at the Professor William K.S. Chow Memorial (February 3rd) in the SF area. Yep, twenty plus years later I could tell the gentleman was the same guy but older. He's a student of Grandmaster Castro. (I didn't get a chance to go over and tell him that he's "famous"... I was too busy "working.")

BTW Thanks Mr. Bishop for sharing with us this bit of history - a short trip back in time to see "Thunderbolt"....

sealth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the video.now i see where sgm parker got his speed

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you John for posting the video
In my MA history I never had the opportunity to see these kinds of videos...The only thing we had was an old picture of CHOW on the wall. After a couple of years Villari had them all removed...Being the subservient student...always listening rather than speaking I never knew my roots until a few years ago....that was after being in this art for almost 25 years...

Again thank you for this and all the others that have been posted...truely a pleasure...
jeff

Latest Discussions