Prizes for the kids

Hopeful Tomorrow

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone. We are currently toying with the idea of a prize program for the kids that participate in our fundraisers. I'm trying to work out a deal with Macho to get them to donate some surplus youth gear, or at least to get the items at cost. Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of gear would really get the kids motivated that isn't already readily available to them. If you have any suggestions let me know. Ideally we would like to offer a pretty good prize for each studio's individual top fundraiser and maybe a prize for the dojo/studio itself that raises the most money in one of our national events.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey everyone. We are currently toying with the idea of a prize program for the kids that participate in our fund raisers. I'm trying to work out a deal with Macho to get them to donate some surplus youth gear, or at least to get the items at cost. Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of gear would really get the kids motivated that isn't already readily available to them. If you have any suggestions let me know. Ideally we would like to offer a pretty good prize for each studio's individual top fund raiser and maybe a prize for the dojo/studio itself that raises the most money in one of our national events.

My first thought is... nothing that has to do with MA or your school. Reasons are to prevent "burn-out" on the kids part. While they're great and have enthusiasm galore and are simply awesome... they're still kids and still have different interests. Thus get them something just as cool. Or even a better idea... ask the kids themselves what kind of prizes would they like (within reason... :lol: ). If they SEE a goal to work for and it's something (they) want... hey what more motivation do they need?

That's just off the top of my head. :idunno:

Latest Discussions