Pressure Points

Post the pressure points or not

• Yes post them.

• No, don't post them

• I don't know, never of of such a thing before.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been asked by a couple people to post here on MT all the Pressure Points and their merridians as I did on forum that I helped run for a couple years. I will leave it up to you members whether or not I do so. If you are for or against it please let us know why.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i don't see why not...if you've already done it at another board...and there's not a whole lot you can do from just reading...

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The reason I am asking about it here, is because when I did it last time it took over 300 posts to do so, and I ws also told by several people that it was irresponsible of me to post them. That ended up causing a very large squabble which I owuld like to avoid this time. A couple people have asked me to post them here since they no longer go to that forum.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm undecided. Lack of education and use of these points combined can do harm rather than good. On the other hand, others might be interested and begin researching accupuncture and accupressure for healing purposes.

Tough call. No vote from me, sorry.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well, i thinks it your call really...i do understand the chance of someone irresponsible using pressure point information...do what you want...i don't think anybody is gonna complain about all the posts as long as it's good information...as for whether some may think it's irresponisble...i can't answer

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Posting technically specific information about Pressure points isn't any less responsible than posting the same thing about knife/sword/stick or empty hand techniques.

Besides, there are so many books out there with picture references or videos with moving demonstrations that are easily accessible that posting it isn't really that big a deal IMO.

Recommendations about how to safely practice them or how to 'resucitate' the area if you screw your self up would go a long way to responsible posting though. It really is up to you, just remember the fun term 'collateral liability' though.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is the thing the only way people could effectively use the pressure points is by knowing the correct angle and direction, and knowing what are hit points,rub, and touch. It is to hard to learn from a book let alone a forum if anyone wants to do pressure points than it would help them if they went to a qualified Martial Artist that know and teaches them. I believe that you should post the points, just to show where they are

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I voted no, don't post them, but then I read the subsequent responses, and have decided maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Guess I'm a flip flopper. :idunno: :rofl:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the purpose of a forum is information exchange. You can tell me specifically how to do anything in martial arts but it is never the same as learning it from, or practicing it with, someone who knows and can show me from experience. Reading about something gives you a basis to then take it further with an experienced instructor. It gives you a foundation from which to formulate questions to pursue with your instructor as well. At the very least, I say print the points themselves. :asian:

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
Posting technically specific information about Pressure points isn't any less responsible than posting the same thing about knife/sword/stick or empty hand techniques.

Besides, there are so many books out there with picture references or videos with moving demonstrations that are easily accessible that posting it isn't really that big a deal IMO.

Recommendations about how to safely practice them or how to 'resucitate' the area if you screw your self up would go a long way to responsible posting though. It really is up to you, just remember the fun term 'collateral liability' though.
I agree. I would also like to add that I don't feel you are presenting a complete explanation without the recommendations suggested by Paul (highlighted above.) However, since you have attained a great deal of knoweldge and, having read some of your other work, I think you will be benefiting all of us by sharing some of this.

Like anything else in ma, it requires time and practice to attain any proficiency. Also, since we, as martial artists, are bound ethically to use our knowledge in a positive manner in our lives and how it affects others, I don't see where posting this information within those parameters would be less than beneficial. KT

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i say post them. why not? isn't the reason for martial talk to discuss such matters? post away!

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would love to have a large chart with all of the PP and meridians. My instructor hit me in my lung meridian last monday and I am still feeling the effects.

V/R
Rick

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
It'd be great to have all that information posted in one place. As for irresponsible use, safe martial arts is all about responsibility and good judgement, right? As Loki said, perhaps some recovery information would be helpful. Do you plan to post the proper angle, type of hit, etc. appropriate for each point as well?

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So far the tally is 16 - 1 - 1. I will let the poll end and if the majority is in favor of the info I will start the long process of posting all the points in their respective merridians. I will also try to put the charts on in the first post for each merridian.

B

Baytor

I say go ahead and post them. This is a place for martial discusion, after all. Besides, if someone is looking for a "magic bullet" technique, they probably won't go through the trouble of finding it here. They would look for Ashida Kim and learn the secrets of hypnotic ninja death seduction bad touch.:lol:

J

jlintz

would it be easier if you took all your information and placed it on the webpage instead of posts here? Might be more easier to read visually?

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last time I just started a thread under the name of the merridain and then replied to it for every different point. That way the person has a simple string of posts concerning that particular merridian.

N

nlmantis

"The secret in martial arts is that there are no secrets" (-- no idea who this came from originally)

Anyhow the pressure-points can be found documented in many places, this site would be a good place also. A webpage would definitely be preferred to post, I would imagine.

Love, Peace, Harmony.

--
Bob.