President Obama wins a second term

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing some of you who have been predicting the Destruction of America will be leaving the country now?

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Last edited:

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm guessing some of you who have been predicting the Destruction of America will be leaving the country now?

Uh, it is ALWAYS the lefties that make (and break) that promise...
Conservatives love their country and would never threaten to leave.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
anyone else have a problem with them saying projected, and people saying official? Especially when, a half hour ago, some of the 'projected' states that were needed to win were within a point of each other? (they still are within 1%, just not necessary anymore thanks to colorado and nevada)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
anyone else have a problem with them saying projected, and people saying official? Especially when, a half hour ago, some of the 'projected' states that were needed to win were within a point of each other? (they still are within 1%, just not necessary anymore thanks to colorado and nevada)

No, they are probably right. What I want to know is, are those who wanted to scrap the electoral college and go with the popular vote still going to want that now that their guy lost?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, they are probably right. What I want to know is, are those who wanted to scrap the electoral college and go with the popular vote still going to want that now that their guy lost?
The problem I have with it is the 'probably' there. I freely admit that at the time Obama almost definitely won, but saying it's official before it is and while there is a chance it won't be correct, at the time, there was still a chance he wouldn't win...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That "probably" bothers me less than the thousands of military ballots that didn't make it to servicemembers.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Isn't Obama also winning the popular vote? He was last time I looked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't Obama also winning the popular vote? He was last time I looked.

Steve, Steve, Steve...

You ought to know better than to try to inject reality into a right wing fantasy...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I was just... Yeah... You're right. Romneys concession speech is very good. I think that as Florida finishes up, the popular vote will swing even a bit further in obamas favor.

But it was an electoral landslide, which I predicted months ago. Just saying.

We probably won't know who our next governor will be until maybe Friday. Pulling for McKenna, personally.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That "probably" bothers me less than the thousands of military ballots that didn't make it to servicemembers.
That bothers me as well, but if I were to go on a rant about that, anyone reading it would be stuck reading a three page paper...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve, Steve, Steve...

You ought to know better than to try to inject reality into a right wing fantasy...
Was this directed at me? Because I wasn't arguing that he didn''t win, just that it was called too early....and I'm not a republican...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Those projected states are almost certainly going to go how they say they will. For them not to, the percentage of votes for each canidate would have to shift dramatically. Keep in mind, there is a reason that all the networks were calling the same thing, even though Carl Rove had a fit at Fox. They do not want egg on thier face and they won't call a state unless they are pretty darn certain of it.

For everyone that voted, kudos, whether your canidate won or lost. Congratulations to Mr Obama for his second term.

Perhaps it might be time for the obstructionism and gridlock to go away. It is time to govern, no matter the party.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was this directed at me? Because I wasn't arguing that he didn''t win, just that it was called too early....and I'm not a republican...

Read the thread. It's really not that difficult to see who replied to who, is it?

It wasn't called too early. Projecting the outcome is simple math, but projected results have no impact on the actual counts.

If projections affected counts, this would have been over a long time ago, since Steve and I both projected a win by Pres. Obama. :p

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You don't see it. There isn't anywhere to go where this result won't have an impact. The first thing will be a descent into recession, then we will go into a depression and our depression will effect the world.

Let's just see. Can someone sticky this post?

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doubtful. If you think minorities voted in overwhelming numbers for Obama, it would have been nothing compared to someone who thinks businessess should be allowed to openly discriminate.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Doubtful. If you think minorities voted in overwhelming numbers for Obama, it would have been nothing compared to someone who thinks businessess should be allowed to openly discriminate.

That's spin, but maybe you're right. That position is nuanced, but not racist in the end.

I think Ron Paul had other points that would have caught on like wild fire. Ending the Empire, sound money with low inflation, ending the drug war, ending the prison industrial complex, minorities would have turned out to support that, especially considering the narco police state they deal with on a regular basis.

I think he had a better chance than Romney because he was clearly different than Obama.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, he has some good points, but if you are a minority in the US and hear his position on discrimination laws, would you be throwing your support to him or Mr Obama? His position there puts him in a really bad position for the presidency.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Especially for you, Makalakumu.

1074_465913293447931_415909291_n.jpg

Latest Discussions