Possibly interesting youtube vid -- discuss

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's been slow in here lately....so here's a video I ran across. Looks interesting to my relatively inexperienced eye. I figure the more expereinced folks can dissect it and maybe I'll learn a thing or two. :)

Peace,
Erik

Last edited by a moderator:

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Its better that most bujinkan vids that I have seen, I'll give it that.

Trying not to judge anyone else's training I will tell you my impressions.

On the plus side, I would say that it does look like the attacks are unscripted, so it is forcing the defender to deal with different situations in real time. Making him apply techniques that are appropriate to the attack.

On the minus side, the attacker stops as soon as the initial technique is applied by the defender. There is no resistance from the attacker at all. IMO the exercise would be more realistic, and benificial to the defender if the attacker were to resist a little bit.

As far as the techniques themselves go, some where good some were not so good IMO. The first gun disarm (about 2:09) was pretty good I thought, the next two not so good. He moves his arms up towards the gun before his body or head start moving. His head / body should be getting out of the way before or as his hands are moving toward the gun. IMO the very first movement should be getting whatever is in the line of fire out of that line of fire as quickly as possible.

I don't want to dissect the whole thing, thats not really fair. Anybody can find flaws in anything if you look at it enough. Those are my initial thoughts though.

Latest Discussions