Poll: what to discuss in the knife arts forum...

What would you most like to see discussed in the blade arts forum?

• Tactical Self-Defense

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Knife Art & Dueling

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Survivalist Discussions - urban to wilderness

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Legal Discussions

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Tool/Knife Care, Craftsmanship, and Knife Making

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tool Info: Folders

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Tool Info: Fixed

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Tool Info: Historical & Collectors

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other gadgets related to knives and bladecraft

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi all. As a new Moderator (30-90 days probationary as of yesterday) for both the knife (in conjunction with OUlobo) and gun forums, part of what I want to do in these forums is to bring good information, resources, and discussions to the forum. What will help me to do this is to know where some of your interests lie in regards to the blade and bladecraft.

So, I have divised a poll to get an idea of where some of your interests lie, and what MT members would like to discuss in regards to the blade. You can vote more then one category, and feel free to post and explain your reasons, or to clarify (especially if you say "other").

Thanks... :ultracool

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There is no category for "harass the new moderator as he tries to hit the ground running!"

:rolleyes:

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good reply....cool under fire. Now off to see how you did in the firearms section...

:flame:

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This poll is great...What has been surprising so far has been the high vote for legal discussions...both here and in the gun forum; I see this as a good thing, and that people are truely self-defense minded here.

Keep em comin.' :)

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Most martial artists are very passionate people. IMHO, knifers tend to be even more extreme and passionate about what they believe in. One person's search for the truth is another person's perception that someone is not minding their own business.

While I applaud your efforts in not being milquetoast on many controversial topics, I also believe you have the ability to "separate the person from the issue." Many criticisms this section receives probably comes from those without an understanding of the whole issue.

The best way to help might be to have a disclaimer that warns readers of the intensity of discussions and also encourages them to learn both sides of the issue.

Regards,
Andrew

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Hi all. As a new Moderator (30-90 days probationary as of yesterday) for both the knife (in conjunction with OUlobo) and gun forums, part of what I want to do in these forums is to bring good information, resources, and discussions to the forum. What will help me to do this is to know where some of your interests lie in regards to the blade and bladecraft.

So, I have divised a poll to get an idea of where some of your interests lie, and what MT members would like to discuss in regards to the blade. You can vote more then one category, and feel free to post and explain your reasons, or to clarify (especially if you say "other").

Thanks... :ultracool

why rubbing alchohol is not ur friend after live blade practice.

kidding aside, keep up the good work dude.

Latest Discussions