pictures of your school

auxiliary

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Over the weekend I had a special guest come to my school. Took the time to clean and decided to take some pictures.

Thought it'd be neat to see other's schools! Maybe share some ideas and what not.

Here ya go:

View from the front door
5b327305.jpg

bathrooms and the Noah Ringer Last Airbender poster I had signed when he came to our school.
694ab1e2.jpg

our "pro shop"
3835cb6e.jpg

cards/shoes
639bdba2.jpg

view from the parents
79176349.jpg

out the windows
f0a81f23.jpg

front desk:
46324c68.jpg

wall of "fame"
ae10f46b.jpg

another view
df6e6e5f.jpg

and my office (excuse the glare)
a4c8eb6b.jpg

Sorry, they're all camera phone pictures!

Let's see some other schools.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I see pictures like this and I get so jealous. We train on badminton halls, twice per week at our local sports centre. I'd LOVE to have a fulltime school that looks like yours. kudos!

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I see pictures like this and I get so jealous. We train on badminton halls, twice per week at our local sports centre. I'd LOVE to have a fulltime school that looks like yours. kudos!

I would prefer to train somewhere like that. Places like the ones in the picture are beautiful, but it gets really tacky when you see price tags on things while training.

AoG

OP
A

auxiliary

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I would prefer to train somewhere like that. Places like the ones in the picture are beautiful, but it gets really tacky when you see price tags on things while training.

AoG

I put the price tags up there that day.

Mainly to try and get rid of some of the stock and get people to stop asking, how much is this?

It's in the back corner of the Karate school so it's not really right in front of people while they're training.

Plus it's a proshop....It's suppose to sell things. That's the point of it.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score

I don't mind it so much (and I'd put up with it for a really nice training venue). It's a club shop, I'd expect things for sale and like any shop I'd like to know the price up front without having to ask.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about training on mats the whole time though... I quite like that my feet have toughened up from years of training on hard floors.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't mind it so much (and I'd put up with it for a really nice training venue). It's a club shop, I'd expect things for sale and like any shop I'd like to know the price up front without having to ask.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about training on mats the whole time though... I quite like that my feet have toughened up from years of training on hard floors.
I dont mind the price tags either. If you go to a tennis club, a squash club, a golf club or most other sporting clubs they have a pro shop with price tags, so I dont really have a problem with it at all.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i couldn't help notice you were an ATA school... not that the name was written anywhere
icon12.gif

I also saw the poster of GMaster Lee... nice guy. I trained with him when I was stationed in Panama City FL. I actually learned alot of good things from him. He had an awesome BB class.

You guys still use the attendance cards?!?!?!?! ouch.... technology has invented a few more useful. you should check out KICKSITE.com its all automated. no more manual work.

Nice looking school. thanks for sharing. brought back memories

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How come all the Avatar connections? The original was grounded in different Kungfu styles...
(Avatard of the first hour here ^_^ doesn't get any better than Zuko in the Agni Kai)

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
You guys still use the attendance cards?!?!?!?! ouch.... technology has invented a few more useful. you should check out KICKSITE.com its all automated. no more manual work.

kicksite.com is just domain name for sale... Did you mean something else or have they rebranded/gone out of business?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
kicksite.com is just domain name for sale... Did you mean something else or have they rebranded/gone out of business?

one school around here had a nifty scanner and small laminated cards with bar code. But the program seemed to have been discontinued by then already....

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very nice. I rent space from a dance school. The place is huge, but oneof the rooms has polka-dots painted on the walls. The other room is very nice, including 1200 square feet of portable mat and very nice hardwood floors.

One of these days I will have a nice fulltime school. Until then, it is polka-dot time.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
one school around here had a nifty scanner and small laminated cards with bar code. But the program seemed to have been discontinued by then already....

No scanner or cards to loose. just a number the students log in with when they walk in the door.

For the young kids, you can write it on their belt with a sharpie. they punch it in the computer by the door hit enter and go about their business.