Picture of me

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Scottscissorkick.jpg

Just thought some of you might enjoy seeing a picture taken of me the other day in class. Sorry about not having any aikido or BJJ pics. The hakama doesn't flatter my legs very well. Enjoy!

MichiganTKD

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cool! I wish I can do that, but my knees don't let me jump that high anymore (I used to have a decent douple jump front kick and flying side kick :( ).

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Were the shoes just for the execution of the kick (traction?) or do you train in those on a regular basis? I take it the floor surface in the picture is your regular training surface? Is that tile over concrete?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

OP
M

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The shoes were for a little extra traction. Unless training outdoors, I don't wear them. And yes, that is tile over concrete. Because of the floor, I try to limit techniques that would involve falling (sweeps, throws etc.) and not too many hard stomps. After awhile, stomping on concrete takes its toll.

OP
M

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Will do. I really don't have many pictures of me practicing because A. I tend to be a little camera shy and B. I tend to get so wrapped up practicing and teaching that I don't even think about a camera. I've been known to bring a camera to class and forget to use it.
However, our class is having a get together with other students this month and I will make sure to get some pictures. I may even get some with me in them doing stuff!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
Will do. I really don't have many pictures of me practicing because A. I tend to be a little camera shy and B. I tend to get so wrapped up practicing and teaching that I don't even think about a camera. I've been known to bring a camera to class and forget to use it.
However, our class is having a get together with other students this month and I will make sure to get some pictures. I may even get some with me in them doing stuff!
Look forward to them we showed are class your picture they thought it was so cool take care and see you later

Latest Discussions