Pick your poison

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
link

Most of us would agree that it is best to pick ones candidates based upon where they stand on various issues. The problems with that , as I see it, is that these people are politicians who cannot be trusted to implement what they say they will do. So, here are the answers various current Presidential candidates made to a few personal questions like what is your worst habit and such which they hopefully answered more honestly than their political positions and thus offer a bit of insight into their souls.

Based upon this admittedly shallow criteria, I'm voting for Obama because I like the fact that he considers himself a good poker player. I'm trusting that his self-evaluation is accurate which is probably a mistake since he is, after all, still a politician. Anyways, I think looking one's opponent in the eye and not blinking has benefits in the political arena as well as the poker table. I'll also give Huckabee a serious look based upon his off-beat (at least for politicians) musical taste. Originality and independence are characteristics I like.

If they had only asked what their favorite color was then we'd really have something to work with!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh. That was kinda cool.

A couple nights ago I was having a conversation with a friend as the major candidates are being highlighted on myspace as well...we were joking around wondering if anyone was going to ask the candidates what color underwear they were wearing :roflmao:

OP
Shuto

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That assumes that they wear underwear. McCain has an independent streak a mile wide and I wouldn't put it past him to go sans briefs!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't want to see McCain streaking......I'm blind as it is! :rofl:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
link

Most of us would agree that it is best to pick ones candidates based upon where they stand on various issues. The problems with that , as I see it, is that these people are politicians who cannot be trusted to implement what they say they will do. So, here are the answers various current Presidential candidates made to a few personal questions like what is your worst habit and such which they hopefully answered more honestly than their political positions and thus offer a bit of insight into their souls.

Based upon this admittedly shallow criteria, I'm voting for Obama because I like the fact that he considers himself a good poker player. I'm trusting that his self-evaluation is accurate which is probably a mistake since he is, after all, still a politician. Anyways, I think looking one's opponent in the eye and not blinking has benefits in the political arena as well as the poker table. I'll also give Huckabee a serious look based upon his off-beat (at least for politicians) musical taste. Originality and independence are characteristics I like.

If they had only asked what their favorite color was then we'd really have something to work with!
You would do better in life to go with the "Best Politician". This making politics a dirty word thing is already getting old.
Sean

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That assumes that they wear underwear. McCain has an independent streak a mile wide and I wouldn't put it past him to go sans briefs!

Oh that is so wrong :lfao: :lfao: :lfao:

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As long as I don't know that he doesn't wear underwear I don't mind... :p

I don't live in the US, so the only candidates I know about are Hillary Clinton and Obama. You know, at first I thought it was Osama - I wonder whether he's been in trouble because of the similarity?

However, Obama comes across as the most... friendly person so I think I'd vote for him. I don't know anything at all about his stance on issues so maybe he'd be the wrong person for me to vote on - so I'm happy I don't have to vote ;).

I just did some kind of test on the internet (I'm not sure whether it's reliable..) and it said that I'd have to vote on some Ron-person. Well. I think I'll still vote on Obama because I'm under the impression that I know him best ;).

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think i am going to vote for obama I think he is the best choice. my on;y fear is that some idiot will kill him because he is black

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll do what I've done for the last 8 or 9 elections and watch the candidates during their debates and try to see which one will appeal to me best... over the last 8 or 9 elections I've voted for "none of the above!"
When you get candidates that have all the charm of a tacky tv commercial type used car salesman or one who's debating skills equal that of a 4 year old going up against their parent... I dunno man. I just don't know.

Sigh, where the hell is Ross Perot when you need him?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Found these (authentic) George Carlin quotes .... (thanks to Ping) :D

Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It’s because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time.
In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem.
Once you leave the womb, conservatives don’t care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.
# If a man smiles all the time, he’s probably selling something that doesn’t work.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Personally, I don't trust anyone who says they are great poker players. Isn't the true skill in poker to make your opponents think your hand is better than what you actually have??? Isn't that lying???? And when you win the hand by bluffing, isn't that stealing????

So, if a politican says that he is a good poker player...isn't that statement redundant?

BTW, I am a good spades player...whatever that means, LOL.

OP
Shuto

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sigh, where the hell is Ross Perot when you need him?

I think the aliens abducted him. Or was it the FBI?

The only good thing about long length of the US Presidential campaign is that it offers an opportunity to expose cadidates like Ross Perot. I was really fooled by him for a while. Of course, I didn't know what his last music purchase was so he might have been exposed earlier if he was questioned by the truth seaking reporter cited in the lead post.