MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'da done 2 thanks if it let me. I'm fascinated with Early American History/Civil War era stuff.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Great shots!

Must ask you about the 3rd set. It's a neat little trick with making it 3-D without the stereo-glasses and yeah they have the red/blue versions. My question is... when clicking on the stereo pics, you can see noticeable damage to the "second one" so would it mean that the first one was digitally restored? I'm guessing that they are, I mean acid paper, fading emulsions and all that old film stuff wasn't designed to last forever.
Again I guess I must say that we should be grateful for the technology to preserve our past so that future generations can have the same knowledge.

I do recall reading that a lot (photos) of the aftermath of Gettysburg were set up. The photographer dragged this body over to that spot and that body over to this spot and set it up. But the carnage was still evident. Either way that particular fact cannot take away that such a grim 3 days actually took place.

joshdebruijn

White Belt
Reaction score
Just Downloaded all the Photos. Very Curious about why I couldn't find those photos while Googling. looks Strange to me. But thank you for the link to the original photos. I enjoyed those one.