Pepsico is on my $@#* List~!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok.. I don't drink Carbonated drinks... so what are my options.. Fruit juices, water, coffee, tea, gatorade.. and my favorite of all.. FRUITWORKS.. now I know that this beverage is highly popular.. especially the Tangerine Citrus, It WAS my favorite.. until for No disclosed reason.. Pepsico *yes Pepsi* Yanked it .. totally discontinued it without giving any reason.. Maybe it was so popular it was overtaking soda sales? I have no clue but I'm highly irate.. they *Pepsi* also owns Tropicana.. and they are now distributing some cheesy fascimile of Fruitworks.. which are no comparison.. the Peach Papaya is nowhere near the quality or taste as the Fruitworks..
*Growls low in throat..*

One highly PO'd
Me

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Ok.. I don't drink Carbonated drinks... so what are my options.. Fruit juices, water, coffee, tea, gatorade.. and my favorite of all.. FRUITWORKS.. now I know that this beverage is highly popular.. especially the Tangerine Citrus, It WAS my favorite.. until for No disclosed reason.. Pepsico *yes Pepsi* Yanked it .. totally discontinued it without giving any reason.. Maybe it was so popular it was overtaking soda sales? I have no clue but I'm highly irate.. they *Pepsi* also owns Tropicana.. and they are now distributing some cheesy fascimile of Fruitworks.. which are no comparison.. the Peach Papaya is nowhere near the quality or taste as the Fruitworks..
*Growls low in throat..*

One highly PO'd
Me
Sounds like the pulled it for a cheaper version with a different name, that would generate more ROA (* Retrun on Assets *) or as my company puts it RONA (* Return on Net Asset *). I am still trying to get someone to explain to me what a Net Asset is?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They've been on my **** list since they dropped Josta.

Miserible SOBS.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Net asset is what they have left after expenses. They charge so much for the damned stuff to begin with, and had trouble keeping it on the shelves that I cannot believe it was not a money maker.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seig said:
Net asset is what they have left after expenses. They charge so much for the damned stuff to begin with, and had trouble keeping it on the shelves that I cannot believe it was not a money maker.
Mike, I get what is left. You have Assets and Liabilities. Net Assets would be your Assets minus your Liabilities. Yet whe you are measuring the return on something, and if you borrow more money or do not pay into your retirement fund then your liabilites increase which lowers your net assets and then you get a higher number or higher return.

Now I would understand ROI, which is Return on investment. I still question the Net investment, because if you subtracted your liabilitied from this or you losses from this then you are just calculating a number that to me I do not see the value of. Yet the boys on wall street sure think it is the greatest thing.

Sorry, for the first post I was not clear on what I was confused about. THat was my fault.
:asian:

S

ShaolinWolf

yeah, well, there's still SOBE atleast...:partyon:

yeah, I liked Fruitworks...hope they just kick it up a notch by putting a snazzy label and put it back on the line for the fans...

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
if you like SoBe, you should try Fuze...drink is friggin' gooooood...the cactus melon or whatever (it comes in a blue Fuze bottle) it the best one. :fanboy:

T

TheRustyOne

Chronuss said:
if you like SoBe, you should try Fuze...drink is friggin' gooooood...the cactus melon or whatever (it comes in a blue Fuze bottle) it the best one. :fanboy:

Tis agave cactus.....and that one is called Replenish.....hehe...and i got you hooked on that stuff! :p

Yes, Sobe, Fuze, Jones Soda, Tradewinds Tea theys all good, and I would be ticked if they yanked 'em...

I say we decend in an angry mob on Pepsico...but that's just me...

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Random fact time. Think chocolates addictive. bah Thats nothing compared to the original coke.Originally coke had cocain in it.
End random fact.
That said I'll let you guys get back on topic err something???

T

TheRustyOne

coke will keep your drains clean for at least a month! the acid is that nasty.

...random fact from a guy who worked at Home Depot when dad and I went looking for something to fix our bathroom issues...*shakes head* and I don't doubt it works!

...i just poured a relatively fresh bottle of pepsi down the sink here cuz damned if i was gonna drink it...wonder if it'll clean out the drains...

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TheRustyOne said:
coke will keep your drains clean for at least a month! the acid is that nasty.

...random fact from a guy who worked at Home Depot when dad and I went looking for something to fix our bathroom issues...*shakes head* and I don't doubt it works!

...i just poured a relatively fresh bottle of pepsi down the sink here cuz damned if i was gonna drink it...wonder if it'll clean out the drains...
It works best at room temperature or slightly heated. Yet it shouldnto be flat, that carbonation acts as a catalyst.

S

ShaolinWolf

Coke is great for cars...lol...and more than that...dissolves a screw in 4-5 days, can eat through a beef steak in 2 days...can clean rust...can get the grease and oil out of dirty clothes...oh yeah, it's great for cleaning and stuff...lol

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
2 cans for breakfast everyday for 6 months. :D

Damn straight. I drink a 20oz. of Coke or Pepsi every morning to get me going. I was raised on a pepsi can with nipple on it. God I love my Mom. I've been on Pepsi recently because I love the giving away free music promo. Just the commercial with the kids that got RIAA sued basically telling the industry to stick it is worth my patronage.

A

Akula

OULobo said:
.... I've been on Pepsi recently because I love the giving away free music promo. Just the commercial with the kids that got RIAA sued basically telling the industry to stick it is worth my patronage.

I liked this idea originally too, but quickly got to not like it. I got one of the caps for a free song, and went to claim it. After installing iTunes it woulnd't connect up to redeem. As it turns out from the support notes, on a PC if you can't connect, you should disable your anitvirus program, turn off your software firewalls, disable popup blockers, turn off hardware firewalls, disable any proxy servers, and then it might work. I'd rather not claim the song, instead of hanging out a sign that says 'Computer ready to be hacked". Anyone want a free song cap?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Akula said:
I liked this idea originally too, but quickly got to not like it. I got one of the caps for a free song, and went to claim it. After installing iTunes it woulnd't connect up to redeem. As it turns out from the support notes, on a PC if you can't connect, you should disable your anitvirus program, turn off your software firewalls, disable popup blockers, turn off hardware firewalls, disable any proxy servers, and then it might work. I'd rather not claim the song, instead of hanging out a sign that says 'Computer ready to be hacked". Anyone want a free song cap?

I was a little miffed to find it only supports Windows 2000 and XP. I have ME and so I am stuck.

A

Akula

Hey, the offer for the free song is still up for grabs. Let me know, and I'll PM the code for the free song from iTunes to you.

Latest Discussions