People who live in glass houses should'nt throw rocks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There are alot of members and ex-members of this board who have jumped down the throats of others for talking bad about people who are no longer members of this forum!

For the first time ever today I visited e-budo.com and my name (dac..florida) is all over the place, I saw it atleast three differant times and I was only there for about an hour.

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!
:soapbox:

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
This has happened to several MartialTalk members across several boards, sadly.

It is sad that these individuals wouldnt just come to MT where they knew I was a member but instead they take it to e-budo where Im not a member? It all good though I am a member of e-budo now and at least I can defend myself!

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I choose to ignore them all. I was talking to Kaith about this the other day. He told me he was having the same problem. My responce to him was not to waste his time. MT is my home, if ex-members want to start problems on other forums let them. If anything we might get more people to check us out.
:asian:

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Reprobate
Oh, the horror... the horror. How you must suffer...

GROW UP!

:soapbox:

I was trying to make a point that the same people who were complaining about us including them in our post after they quit, are including me in posts on a forum I dont even frequent!

L

lonekimono

you know my grandfather once told me as a boy,that

"you only need to chalk a stick one time to get what you need
done"

so the hell with the people who just talk,to me they don't have a face:p

R

Reprobate

Originally posted by DAC..florida
are including me in posts on a forum I dont even frequent!
So what?

You can tell me to 'grow up', but you charge at anyone who looks at you cross-eyed. For an 'instructor' you flip into a defensive mode quite quickly. I hope for you this 'short fuse' behaviour doesn't follow you about in real life.

I learned in kindergarten to take the messenger into account when looking at the message.

If a stranger calls me an *******, I ignore them. If a friend tells me I could've been more tactful, I pay attention.

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Reprobate
So what?

You can tell me to 'grow up', but you charge at anyone who looks at you cross-eyed. For an 'instructor' you flip into a defensive mode quite quickly. I hope for you this 'short fuse' behaviour doesn't follow you about in real life.

I learned in kindergarten to take the messenger into account when looking at the message.

If a stranger calls me an *******, I ignore them. If a friend tells me I could've been more tactful, I pay attention.

Maybe you misunderstand my posts, I have never and will never get upset or take offence to what someone types on thier pc about me, especially since few have ever met me and even fewer I consider to be a friend.

I learned alot in kindergarten also, Like not to judge a book by its cover. Maybe you should keep this in mind before you attempt to judge others.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I was in Jr. high school back in the 70's and two guys despised each other, and were constantly at each others throats, the P.E. teacher would take them aside and set up a boxing match between the two enemies.

At our next P.E. class the teacher would strap gloves on the two guys and let them go at it. Sorta like sparring at the dojang. Anyway, when it was over the teacher had the two combatants shake hands and that was usually the end of it. For the most part, there were no problems thereafter.

Too bad that things can't be settled that easily anymore... :shrug:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No s**t! Settling things like the old days, with honor, would save ourselves a lot of headaches. I don't mean shooting each other, but boxing, sparring, duking it out no protection until the other gives, or stick fighting. Minor injuries to solve big problems would be o.k. by me! :jediduel:

D

Disco

Only difference is that now you show up with your Posse, Lawyer, Accountant, Paid Off Witness, Gun Bearer and the local used car dealer.........:mst:

M

marshallbd

DAC..florida said:
Maybe you misunderstand my posts, I have never and will never get upset or take offence to what someone types on thier pc about me, especially since few have ever met me and even fewer I consider to be a friend.

I learned alot in kindergarten also, Like not to judge a book by its cover. Maybe you should keep this in mind before you attempt to judge others.
Lets all keep in mind that words are just words....They have no power or providence in life unless backed by truth and actions....So lets all live and be friends huh? :asian:

Taimishu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You see this a lot I call it long distance slagging.
You get it on the CB radio and now on the internet. Some people think its "big" or "cool" to slag people off knowing that they cannot be got to and that they say things they never would if they were face to face.
I think the name for this is cowardice.

Just my 2p worth.

David

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Taimishu said:
You see this a lot I call it long distance slagging.
You get it on the CB radio and now on the internet. Some people think its "big" or "cool" to slag people off knowing that they cannot be got to and that they say things they never would if they were face to face.
I think the name for this is cowardice.

Just my 2p worth.

David
Peolpe will generaly insult people that they do not have to come to face with.This behavior strokes their own ego

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
"Insult" would be quite a harsh word for some of what actually happened here. there was a lot of fairly hardcore "fraud busting" a while back, but I would not class most of it as insulting, more an attempt to try to find the truth in any given situation. Admittedly there were quite a few instances where both parties took the discussion to argument, then to insults, but it wasn't instigated by just one side.

I'll shut up now, as this sort of subject almost invariably leads to discord if continued too much.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
This post is not directed at anyone.

It is provided in case you have not read this thread yet.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8134

Thank You
If you can’t say it with out “cursing like a truck driver”, it is probably too far. Hey, I'm a truck driver and if I can be polite on here so can every one else. :uhyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions