Passed my first dan grading

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its finally over, and I passed. Ive been training heavily for 6 months leading into it but fell ill 2 weeks ago and have barely been able to get out of bed. I lost 7 kilograms (which is a lot when you only weigh 80) and was only starting to get better on thursday and graded saturday. It is probably the most nerve racking thing I have ever done. But its over now and I dont grade again for 2 years so I can start to work on a few things in tkd that Ive probably neglected for a while because of focussing on grading requirements. All up it was a great day and some people from my class got a 6th dan, a 4th dan a black belt and my 1st dan so we all went out for a big feed of korean food and washed it down with alot of soju. Now its time to step the training up a gear.

Kurai

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congrats. It's the first of many milestones on your path.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The flower that blooms in adversity....

Congratulations! Well done!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, this is a transitional step on your journey. Good luck as you continue on.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
congrats,

just remember, the journey of 1000 miles begins with 1 step. you just made that first step.... the real journey has just begun.:asian:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done! It's always nerve racking to grade but feels so great when you pass. And now you get to learn new material! :asian:

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Congrats....
icon7.gif
:asian:

Mike