Party and Demonstration of Capoeira!!!

F

Falcao

Hello all,
This is Falcao (RJ Nice). I wanted to let you all know that we, Capoeira Mandinga Buffalo, will be hosting a fundraiser and party. The event will include a Capoeira demonstration along with Maculele and Samba. There will be pizza, pop, and goodies all included in the price of admission. You are all welcome to come to this event and join in the fun, watch or play in the
demonstrations, and dance the Samba if you are up to it.
The cost for admission will be only $5.00 and tickets will be available in advance or at the door. It will be held at The Massachusetts Avenue Outreach Center, 382 Massachusett's Ave, Buffalo, NY. The date of the event is Saturday, November 8th from 6:00pm to 10:00pm.
If you are interested, would like tickets, or more info. please email me at [email protected] or call me at 716-681-9317. Information will be on our website soon, and flyers will be sent through email as well. I hope that all of you can make it. Hope to see you there.

Thanks, Obrigado,
Falcao (RJ)
www.mandingabuffalo.com

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

this is a martial art that looks like dance.:)

hope this went well.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Can we get a review?

The last time I saw this group, I was impressed, not only with their skill, I was also impressed with their willingness to share and instruct.

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

two things make a great seminar and/or demo that is for sure.

OP
F

Falcao

The fundraiser was a sucess and everyone had a great time. It was not our largest fundraiser but there had to be about 70 people from around the area. Good Capoeira, and a 3 of the students had been initiated into Capoeira by getting their light green belt (1st rank).

If anyone you know is interested we have beginner classes starting every 8 weeks and will be offering classes in the suburbs very soon.

Salve,
Falcao

OP
Q

Quick Sand

How many different belt ranks are used in Capoeira and what are they? Is there a reason practicioners seem to usually be wearing white? Just tradition or is there another reason?

I've wanted to try Capoeira for about 8 years or more but I've never lived in a city large enough to offer a class. Unfortunately I' were close to you either. :(

I wish I could try it some time. It looks amazing. :)

OP
F

Falcao

How many different belt ranks are used in Capoeira and what are they?

The belt ranks very from group to group. The capoeira federation in Brasil uses color from the Brazilian flag. The first belt is a light green and the last belt is white. There are many variations of color in between these two and the person advances from belt to belt depending on their learning and skill, not time in.

Is there a reason practicioners seem to usually be wearing white? Just tradition or is there another reason?

The white is traditional in some respects. It was said that after church capoeiristas would play capoeira in their white clothes, judging the mosty skilled by the amount of dirt on the clothes. The cleanest person was the most skilled for that time.

Also, the white uniform, which is very recent, is mostly for certain types of groups. Some groups that practice specific styles will wear different clothing.

I've wanted to try Capoeira for about 8 years or more but I've never lived in a city large enough to offer a class. Unfortunately I' were close to you either.

I wish I could try it some time. It looks amazing.

Where do you live? I may know of some groups there.

Falcao

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Currently I'm living in Southern Ontario but next summer I'm moving to Northern Alberta. :(

I've heard there is one Capoeira class in Toronto but that's a couple hours from me.

Latest Discussions