Partner training?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know many of us train with our wives/partners for the "Home Invasion". Lately, me and my wife have started to take this a step further. Designing scenarios outside the home, setting up a "stage" on my range, and going for it. Right now, we are using some of our students as the aggressors and shooting with airsoft pistols. Next week we'll be doing a couple of them as "live fire exercises".

Just wondering if anyone here was doing anything similar and your thoughts on the matter.

Jeff

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not quite the same as moving targets, much less having ones that can shoot back, but one of the IDPA clubs I shot with did use the "home invasion" scenario on several stages.

One such stage:

Start with your handgun, and one spare magazine, and you must engage two targets in the "bedroom" from prone position, followed by going into the hallway, and using cover to engage one more target.

Reload (hey, the stage does need to be revolver-friendly), and engage three targets in the living room.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I must have not been very clear in explaining what I meant. We aren't doing this individually, but working these scenarios together. Now my wife doesn't carry, not that she objects to it, so a lot of it involves pushing her to cover while I try to get there as well while returning fire. She does shoot for the Home defense scenarios though, she's murder with her 870!

Jeff