Parker Kenpo in St. Louis

• Thread starter ParkerKenpoDetective
  • Start date
P

ParkerKenpoDetective

Hello, everybody! I am brand new to the forum here, and I can't say how glad I am to have found it. I am (or was) a student of Parker Kenpo under Dave Staples in Worcester, MA. before moving to St. Louis, MO and finding it barren in the field of EPAK. I did find a Tracey's Kenpo school and held off as long as I could (wanting the same style I had) but eventually caved in and went down there, only to be spoken down to by the instructor, who insisted that I stand up from my guest chair whenever I was addressing him. He clearly put himself on a higher level than his students.
I am now desperate for some serious Parker Kenpo but have found nobody around here that knows the style. Can anybody help me?

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ParkerKenpoDetective said:
...went down there, only to be spoken down to by the instructor, who insisted that I stand up from my guest chair whenever I was addressing him.
well at least standing up made it easier for you to address him with a good-bye and walk out the door LOL... sorry, can't be of any help in your new location, but i'm sure others on this board can. good luck!
pete.

OP
P

ParkerKenpoDetective

pete said:
well at least standing up made it easier for you to address him with a good-bye and walk out the door LOL...

LOL! Which is exactly what I used that opportunity for. Why stand if you can't walk?

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That guy needs to go to some teaching seminars or just have his butt kicked. I hope he hasnt been around for awhile.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I once got ripped off by an EPAK intructor in St Louis on an e-bay transaction. He said he had an employee who was pocketing the money and lying to him about merchandise ent out, but I am sure this was not true, as I sent him multiple emails aoubt it and he responded to some of them.

Luckily one of my oldest friends makes his living doing background checks and investigations in St.L so he helped me track the guy down. Once I had his SSN, 2 or 3 historical addresses, his checking account number, DOB, mother's maiden name and some info about his previous 2 girlfriends' restraining orders against him... once I let him know that I had all that info, and that I was ready (or so he believed) to impersonate him to his bank to get my money (all of twenty dollars! haha) suddenly he caught on to this rogue employee and sent me my book.

All that for "Zen of Kenpo" :rolleyes: geez it wasn't even that good.

His last name started with M... can't remember for sure so not going to guess, I would hate to guess worng and tarnish the wrong guy...

++++++++++

One of frat brothers from college has his 2nd in Tracy's from a St Louis instructor, but I think this guy is semi-retired and not running a school. I know that the tracy schools in that area have some kind of political split with each other along some lines... if you want I can email my bro and get you some contact info... PM me if you want me to do that.

-David

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Hey Parker Detective

Sounds like you need an Istructor in St. Louis. We should Talk lol. St. Louis is on my short list of cities to move to in the next year. my email is [email protected]

I am looking at several factors such as the Need for Kenpo Schools and a Jewish Community. I have made some contacts in St. Louis.

OP
P

ParkerKenpoDetective

DavidCC said:
Luckily one of my oldest friends makes his living doing background checks and investigations in St.L so he helped me track the guy down.
Who is your friend? I am a P.I. in St. Louis. Chances are I have stolen business from him. :)

Sounds like you played that guy right. I am an ebay addict but luckily I have only been burned twice, once for two hundred dollars (friggin Batman costume), but I'm still addicted. People who scam on ebay should be considered a different breed and fair game for hunting.

Brad Billings

White Belt
Reaction score
I know there is a guy named Scott Bonner that has a Kenpo Club at a college in St. Louis. Not sure which one. He posts frequently on KenpoNet. If you put a post on there asking him to contact you, I'm sure he probably would.

Respectfully,
Brad Billings

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Scott is an all around good guy and he is EPAK.

I can't imagine he would have a problem with giving out his email, but just in case... Send me an email: [email protected] and I'll forward it on and get you guys hooked up.... Tell him Dan Farmer sent you.

I am in the midst of changing over from Tracy's to EPAK. I'm an old "ex-Rokudan" from the Tracy empire (Long story, but similar in some ways to yours... LOL! ). Working my way slowly into EPAk.

Hope this helps.

Dan Farmer

OP
M

Mark Weiser

I just checked out the Course Requirements at the College for this Instructor. I have to say it is not 100 % EPAK as SGM Parker has in his Infinite Insights Series but that is for you to decide. However if you want to know the exact set up and the Techniques and Forms/Sets for EPAK visit my website for that Information. I have all the Forms and Sets and Techniques ready for veiwing (Yellow - Green). I am still working on the Browns and Black Belt Requirements on the Site as SGM Parker set it up.

Hey Dectective I will talk at you again. I got some great news and Info to share.

http://weiserkenpokarate.tripod.com/

OP
S

safeeagle

Unfortunately this kind of condescending attitude is prevelent out there. To bad. he could of had a great new student.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Condesending lol. That is a new one for me to be called anyways I said it was for each of you to decide did I not lol. However if you go strictly by SGM Parker's Volume Five the way Parker wanted EPAK to be taught then what can I say nothing let the facts speak for themselves. I am the last person to be an authority on this subject there are many First Generation Black Belts out here to give a better opinion on this matter.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey Mark there is a great Jewish com in St Louis Mo. Also some pretty good martial arts to.

OP
T

traycs_karate

ParkerKenpoDetective said:
Hello, everybody! I am brand new to the forum here, and I can't say how glad I am to have found it. I am (or was) a student of Parker Kenpo under Dave Staples in Worcester, MA. before moving to St. Louis, MO and finding it barren in the field of EPAK. I did find a Tracey's Kenpo school and held off as long as I could (wanting the same style I had) but eventually caved in and went down there, only to be spoken down to by the instructor, who insisted that I stand up from my guest chair whenever I was addressing him. He clearly put himself on a higher level than his students.
I am now desperate for some serious Parker Kenpo but have found nobody around here that knows the style. Can anybody help me?
Which St Louis tracys was it? Im kind of curious as to who it was, so if you dont remember, you can visit www.tracys.com and see which one it was. If you would please. I train just south of St louis and have heard stories like this.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Condesending lol. That is a new one for me to be called anyways I said it was for each of you to decide did I not lol. However if you go strictly by SGM Parker's Volume Five the way Parker wanted EPAK to be taught then what can I say nothing let the facts speak for themselves. I am the last person to be an authority on this subject there are many First Generation Black Belts out here to give a better opinion on this matter.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser
Mark,
i am sure the previous poster was referring to the crappy instructor in the original post...

+++++++++++

KenpoDetective - my friend does criminal history background checks for employment firms. That's pretty much all he does :) KLK Research is the name he does business under.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

LOL your correct. Sorry safeeagle I am embrassed now LOL

OP
B

buddhadragon

Umm, Im new to St Louis and cant find TSD instruction. Good to read this thread. Making a note to scratch Tracy's from my list of prospects.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Hey Detective

My wife and I along with the two Teenagers are seriously considering a visit there. Send me contact information and we can stop by on a Saturday and or a Sunday. We need to look around as well.

I got a great tip that a Martial Art School closed near a Synagouge there and it is down the street from a Jewish Bakery. I am trying to get some more info if possible.

Sincerely,

Mark E. Weiser

OP
T

traycs_karate

now dont scratch out all of the Tracys Schools in the st louis area. if indeed he is telling the truth, you should only scratch that Tracys school out, not the 3 or 4 others.

OP
P

ParkerKenpoDetective

traycs_karate said:
now dont scratch out all of the Tracys Schools in the st louis area. if indeed he is telling the truth, you should only scratch that Tracys school out, not the 3 or 4 others.

Traycs is correct. The attitude of that one instructor did not make me look badly upon ALL practitioners of that style. Like Mako said in the great Kenpo movie, The Perfect Weapon "...but, every shipment brings rats along with regular cargo". One bad instructor doesn't mean he is trained that way. I have met some extraordinarily arrogant Parker Kenpo instructors who had the life preservation instincts of a lemming. It just turned me off from that particular guy.

To answer your question, Traycs, it was a studio in Maryland Heights on Dorsett Rd., I believe. I can't remember the name of the instructor himself but he had long hair. Almost like a mullet.

Latest Discussions