Pacquiao beaten by an Aussie.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Which makes us cool. Pacquiao vs horn played out in Brisbane yesterday with some good technical boxing. Horn won on points.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lots of head butting. Was it a good fight?

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lots of head butting. Was it a good fight?

A couple of pretty cool takedowns as well.

Two forward fighters are going to clash heads. Boxing is a tough sport.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Beaten even though he completely out struck him the whole fight

image.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a controversy. Punch stats are not boxing judges.
I understand less than nothing about boxing scores. How does someone out-punch their opponent (more landed, higher percentage in all categories) and lose by score? Is it a perception of damage done, control of the fight, or what?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I understand less than nothing about boxing scores. How does someone out-punch their opponent (more landed, higher percentage in all categories) and lose by score? Is it a perception of damage done, control of the fight, or what?
I think a lot of the time the judges don't even know....

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also the fact it was in his hometown probably helped him out a lot

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think a lot of the time the judges don't even know....
I could be wrong because it was quite a long time ago, but I'm 99% sure the judges all had Mike Tyson a good bit ahead of Buster Douglas when Douglas knocked him out.

I remember Jim Lampley reading the score cards and saying afterwards "What fight were they watching?"

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I could be wrong because it was quite a long time ago, but I'm 99% sure the judges all had Mike Tyson a good bit ahead of Buster Douglas when Douglas knocked him out.

I remember Jim Lampley reading the score cards and saying afterwards "What fight were they watching?"
Yeah well I believe there's a lot of corruption in boxing and mma...lots of money involved very easy for judges to tip things there way

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

There is more to it than punch stats. I think it is effective punches and other stuff. I can't tell very well with these things.

He was judged independently and still came out on top.

Judges confirm decision for Horn over Pacquiao

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah well I believe there's a lot of corruption in boxing and mma...lots of money involved very easy for judges to tip things there way

But punch stats are impartial?

SOD-WC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i still dont believe that a person getting higher scores wont be the winner? Its like getting number one rank in the class but they chose then 2nd in place to get the medal.
does the link really "explain" the results? becuase i think i might have missed it?

im aussie btw so not defending another country.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

SOD-WC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
thanks drop bear i get it a bit more.......but still the stat figures from the match shows pacquiao dominated in pretty much everything. Also seeing the score card and how he is only a few points away from being the winner still confuses me how the judges scored o_O....... ill just leave it as that, no point it trying to figure out what drive them to that decision.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
thanks drop bear i get it a bit more.......but still the stat figures from the match shows pacquiao dominated in pretty much everything. Also seeing the score card and how he is only a few points away from being the winner still confuses me how the judges scored o_O....... ill just leave it as that, no point it trying to figure out what drive them to that decision.

Provided the stats are correct.

SOD-WC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Provided the stats are correct.
oh i just looked at photos (dont know how to attach photo via phone) of both their faces after the match......COME ON clearly u can see whos face has been punched in more :banghead: .......... deep breaths......... happy thoughts.........:banghead:

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
oh i just looked at photos (dont know how to attach photo via phone) of both their faces after the match......COME ON clearly u can see whos face has been punched in more :banghead: .......... deep breaths......... happy thoughts.........:banghead:

So you have never seen a royce gracie fight?

Latest Discussions