Pacific Northwest Bartitsu seminars

Devon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I just realized that this should go in another forum ...

Message deleted.

Devon

Last edited:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Okay, but I hope you'll continue to keep Martial talk updated as to the progress being made in Bartitsu's revival.

OP
D

Devon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to, but the "news" is often related to upcoming seminars, etc. and I can't post about them here without running foul of the no advertising rules.

Devon

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd like to, but the "news" is often related to upcoming seminars, etc. and I can't post about them here without running foul of the no advertising rules.

Devon

I definitely won't be advising people to break rules! ... but I think there are many topics that could pass muster here. How about articles on topics covered at recently concluded seminars? How about areas of debate within the Bartitsu community?

We can always use more input from those who have insight and interest in their arts. To me, Western Martial Arts is a topic that has too long been fallow.

When in doubt, send a Mentor a proposed idea - we can run it by Admin as to acceptability.

OP
D

Devon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The hot topics at the moment are mostly in-house; the production of the Bartitsu documentary, plans for an international conference and the upcoming seminars.

In general, the revival is progressing in leaps and bounds, especially over the past couple of months since the Sherlock Holmes movie raised our pop-culture profile. Updates are posted regularly at Bartitsu.org.

Devon

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
As I believe we said before, you may well find Bartitsu's second life will be surpassing its original one...

Think about possibly posting some seminar photos here... or, some "outside" discussion on some of your current in house topics may give you valuable insight into what your image is.

Last edited:
OP
D

Devon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's hard to measure, or rather it depends on how we're measuring it, but the original Bartitsu Club was only open between 1898-early 1902; he revival has been underway since 2002. At this stage no-one is running a fulltime school, but short courses, seminars and part-time clubs are popping up like mushrooms.

Here are some pix from a recent location shoot in Canzo, Italy, for the upcoming documentary:

http://www.bartitsu.org/index.php/bartitsu-today/neo-bartitsu-stickfighting-gallery/

MG_3994_-300x199.jpg

MG_4080.jpg

Latest Discussions