One Handed Man Takes On TSA Over Rejection

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43913700/ns/business-personal_finance/

Early in his career as a boxer, Michael Costantino entered one of New York City’s most prestigious amateur boxing events even though he was born without a left hand. He surprised the crowd with his right hooks, a Queens newspaper reported in 2002. But recently, Costantino got his own surprise when he was looking for a new career and applied for a job at the Transportation Security Administration. The agency told him he didn’t qualify for the position because of his disability.
“I was upset,” he said. “I’m highly capable of doing it.”

If the man can box then I'm sure he's capable of doing the job at the TSA. Hell, he'll probably do a better job than the current employees that TSA has now.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't see why he couldn't fulfill the TSA screener's tasks. The only possible issue I could see is lifting some bags -- and I bet they've got women wouldn't be able to lift the same bags alone.

Of course, I think he probably really was medically disqualified for having a working brain. (And judging by a lot of the TSA screener's I've dealt with -- the ability to speak English.)

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He sounds like a winner. The TSA doesn't hire winners. I think he's better off working somewhere else, where his abilities will serve him better.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I might have to side with TSA on this one. They're so full of crap I'm pretty sure you need two hands to hold it.

Latest Discussions