"One Foot Crane" and other Noah's Arts

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've have a video called "One Foot Crane" which I picked up for cheap when I was desperate for something to watch.

The general plot is of a girl who watches he parents get killed by some outlaws and then grows up to seek revenge. She goes by the nickname of her style "One Legged Crane"

Anywya..plot not-withstanding, in the movie she talks about her 'one legged crane style' and a few other styles and/or positions are mentioned such as "Eagle Style", "Mantis On A Tree" and "Mantis At The Throat"

My question is, are these real 'styles; or just particular stances. Whenever they mention the style they go through a series of gyrations and end up in a pose that suggests the animal they are talking about. However when they start fighting it all looks them same. I'm sorta curious if any of this is based in reality or just movie license or what

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yuhai White Crane, White Crane, Crane. All Kung Fu from Tibet. It'd be a good idea to double check that since i'm not an expert in Chinese martial arts. Eagle Claw, Chinese. And there are about 14 styles of mantis.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

john

p.s. i'd suggest sending this to general chinese.

p.p.s. FREE TIBET, FREE TIBET, FREE TIBET!!!!!

Latest Discussions