On top of the world...

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing what some would never be able to experience, but can, through you.

Your pictures as well as the terrain you have chosen are simple fantastic...........

(Side note), you must be in fantastic physical shape to endure the rigors of "a hike" to what appears to be the "top of the world". :)

Last edited:

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great pics, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing what some would never be able to experience, but can, through you.

Your pictures as well as the terrain you have chosen are simple fantastic...........

(Side note), you must be in fantastic physical shape to endure the rigors of "a hike" to what appears to be the "top of the world". :)

Thanks! My favorite aspect of photography is sharing sights we don't usually see...whether its the vista of a summit or the geometry of a bridge.

I am not in fantastic shape. I am generally the slowest on the mountain. But where I lack in cardio and strength, I make up for it in stubbornness and heart :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! My favorite aspect of photography is sharing sights we don't usually see...whether its the vista of a summit or the geometry of a bridge.
Which explains many of the unique pictures you've shared in the past.

I am not in fantastic shape. I am generally the slowest on the mountain. But where I lack in cardio and strength, I make up for it in stubbornness and heart :)
Two great qualities to be able to tap into.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Too many lumps, not enough trees :p :D.

There were lots of trees there at one time. But, Xue Sheng was there once and ... :lol:

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

looks like ocean waves in the background!

Thank you!

What looks even more like ocean waves is being on the summit of a mountain when the sky is "undercast", to borrow a term from the Mt. Washington Observatory. You and the neighboring peaks are higher than the clouds. The effect is magnified at a low light time, such as sunrise.

I took these almost 3 years ago. You have to either get up very early, or stay up very late to be on the summit of a mountain at sunrise...something I haven't done since then. :D

New Hampshire 168 by Sikaranista, on Flickr

New Hampshire 154 by Sikaranista, on Flickr

The "scratches" in these next two images are contrails from 6am flights.

New Hampshire 182 by Sikaranista, on Flickr

New Hampshire 185 by Sikaranista, on Flickr

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They are glorious, my friend :). All New Hampshire 168 needs are some seagulls around the 'rocks' and the illusion would be perfect!

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Went back to the same mountain, but didn't have the 6+ hours I needed for a summit hike. So, I went exploring instead.

Apparently I was up for an adventure before I even reached the trailhead :D

Horse Crossing by Sikaranista, on Flickr