Olympic Coach Mixes Training With Christianity

OP
Phoenix44

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I love archery.

I'd find a different coach.

I pretty much felt the same way, except that he is the coach for the US Olympic Team, and he runs the training facility for the Olympic training camps.

I understand the US Olympic archers didn't do very well this year, for what it's worth.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be an effective archer, Lee said, athletes must learn to clear their heads and focus. “If you are Christian,” he said, “then people can have that kind of empty mind.”

Er thats not very flattering to Christians is it? :ultracool

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I pretty much felt the same way, except that he is the coach for the US Olympic Team, and he runs the training facility for the Olympic training camps.

I understand the US Olympic archers didn't do very well this year, for what it's worth.

Yeah, I know. Bit of a conundrum. Not sure what the answer would be.

On the one hand, you just stand up for yourself and be clear but polite that your own spiritual life (or lack thereof) is a personal matter, and you don't wish to pursue it with him. Hopefully that would be the end of it, and hopefully your position on the team would not be in jeopardy over it.

If he starts to ignore you and doesn't give you good coaching, I suppose you take that issue to the powers that be.

If he finds a reason to "disqualify" you from the team, then you might have a fight on your hands, if you were really gunning for that level of competition.

At any rate, it could definitely be a distraction to your training.

Maybe that's why the US team didn't do well this year...

Latest Discussions