Okay...Martial arts from Hell.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok the Mighty Python intro was cool, well atleast it had some humor to it.
Terry

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
We had 1 guy in the shaolin temple train as such.They have to pratice 1st littlely then build hit power with fingers to throat-eyes & vital points.Now If they misses 2 days in training.The whole procees started over.It takes years to train such-But, the body breaks down & cant handle that kind of abuse.Arthritis-deformitys-muscle spasums-internal probles with the orgins ect.!The monk I cought on video had it to were you could break a staff over 90% of the body.Yes they hit his throat & it broke look like a little bit on the clavicle .He even did a simulated hanging from the throat to show he could with hold such.Iron palm we did started out hitting water for hours.Then to beans-to snad with dow on outside of bags-to eventual heated sand!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
matt.m said:
Oy, Just Oy. :shrug:

Indeed... especially since the music to the first part was Hava Nagila, which I haven't figured the reason for yet... should've use that for the Krav Maga segment, I would have thought.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.

That Silat clip in the second video was a trip, because bears an uncomfortable similarity to the way some things are still done in Tracy's kenpo. In fact, the belt tie-up is almost identical to a technique taught as part of the 2nd black belt curriculum.

Some of the other stuff too, that goes on forever and leaves the knife hanging in the attackers hand, without a good solid disarm or control of the weapon hand until later in the technique.

I need a shower.

Latest Discussions