Oh YEAH? Well... uh, you're stupid!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's very interesting. When communicating by written word only, when you don't have the benefit of body language or tone to help identify a persons intent, it is important to remember how the use of "persuasive words, logical fallacies, and intent signals" are interpreted. If someone chooses to use the provoking ways of writing described in the link, it should come as no surprise when they are met with negativity and/or disdain. On the flip side, using the "friendlier" ways of communicating leads to a more open reception, and I believe, earns the communicator a greater right to be heard.

Well, now that this has been posted, no one who reads it can claim ignorance. ;)

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
...so if i dont read it, i can remain ignorant?
if "ignorance is bliss", and bliss is supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment, i see no reason to read it. :uhyeah:

well i did read a bit of it (can i still be partially supremely happy?), and it seemed to be well written and informative, i noticed a few good references to everyday life as well.

OP
flashlock

flashlock

Banned Troll
Reaction score
That's very interesting. When communicating by written word only, when you don't have the benefit of body language or tone to help identify a persons intent, it is important to remember how the use of "persuasive words, logical fallacies, and intent signals" are interpreted. If someone chooses to use the provoking ways of writing described in the link, it should come as no surprise when they are met with negativity and/or disdain. On the flip side, using the "friendlier" ways of communicating leads to a more open reception, and I believe, earns the communicator a greater right to be heard.

Well, now that this has been posted, no one who reads it can claim ignorance. ;)

Yes, and more importantly if you're aware of some of these fallacies, it can help you see through other's BS (so you can counter them with your own! :) )

Latest Discussions