Official US Olympic dobok?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What brand is it this time?

I assume it may be Dae Do because the Lopez's own the US rights....but I don't know for sure.

Anyone know for sure?

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am going to go with Nike since the team is all decked out in Nike warmups on the USAT home page.

You can find out what the team will be wearing for Opening Ceremonies if your watch the Today show tomorrow morning:

Watch Olympian Charlotte Craig model the USA opening ceremonies outfits on NBC's Today Show on Friday, Aug. 8

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am going to go with Nike since the team is all decked out in Nike warmups on the USAT home page.

You can find out what the team will be wearing for Opening Ceremonies if your watch the Today show tomorrow morning:

Watch Olympian Charlotte Craig model the USA opening ceremonies outfits on NBC's Today Show on Friday, Aug. 8

I wondered about that, also. I have a hard time believing that the 4 owners of Dae Do USA would not wear their company's doboks on the world stage. I guess time we'll see in due time.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They are decked out in Nike but Adidas is the sponsor for TKD in the Olympic, the matts will also carry Adidas logo as with the last Olympics. They paid the committee alot of money to be the official sponsor though 2012. Except something changed over the last three months.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Img212015824.jpg

Dobok
White trousers and jacket
Img212015825.jpg

Forearm and shin guards
Used to protect forearms and shins
Img212015826.jpg

Head protector
Used to protect the head
Img212015827.jpg

Groin guard
Img212015828.jpg

Everything is Adidas still this is from the Official website for the Olympics.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What brand is it this time?

I assume it may be Dae Do because the Lopez's own the US rights....but I don't know for sure.

Anyone know for sure?

So wait a minute... Dae Do is owned by the Lopez family? But only in the US? I don't get it???

(Still mad Diana is our Olympian by the way....)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Off topic but does anyone use those style groin guards. I used to but I switched to just a normal supporter/cup
I don't like the fact that it makes you look like you're wearing a diaper if you have it in white. I use a normal cup, but I will probably pick up one of the groin guards; just not in white. Black would be fine, or maybe one in red and one in blue? A red one with a blue chest guard would make me feel a bit like Superman:D Or maybe I should get one of those burnished bronze codpieces at the renaissance festival; I could then be Conan; the taekwondoin.

Daniel

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't like the fact that it makes you look like you're wearing a diaper if you have it in white. I use a normal cup, but I will probably pick up one of the groin guards; just not in white. Black would be fine, or maybe one in red and one in blue? A red one with a blue chest guard would make me feel a bit like Superman:D Or maybe I should get one of those burnished bronze codpieces at the renaissance festival; I could then be Conan; the taekwondoin.

Daniel

I about spit my coke out with that one!
Most of the guys at my school have compression shorts with a standard cup. Haven't asked them how they feel (not interested!), but they must talk amongst themselves because I have been selling a lot of them lately and none of the other styles.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It looks like there is no "Official Dobok" for all teams. I have seen Addidas, Daedo and Nike.

For the record, Charlotte was wearing Nike, at least in her first fight.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It looks like there is no "Official Dobok" for all teams. I have seen Addidas, Daedo and Nike.

For the record, Charlotte was wearing Nike, at least in her first fight.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's to each their own.

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Or maybe I should get one of those burnished bronze codpieces at the renaissance festival; I could then be Conan; the taekwondoin.

Conan the taekwondoin - now that is a picture:)

would you have little dobok's hanging off the belt for all the foes you had bested?

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I never would have guessed, but apparently Nike is the official US team dobok this time around. Diana wore one in her fight. It's odd that the Lopezes couldn't swing the deal for their own company, Dae Do.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I never would have guessed, but apparently Nike is the official US team dobok this time around. Diana wore one in her fight. It's odd that the Lopezes couldn't swing the deal for their own company, Dae Do.

:) I thought the same thing when I saw them wearing Nike. Both are WTF approved.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:) I thought the same thing when I saw them wearing Nike. Both are WTF approved.

Yes but Nike paid them to wear it this time around money talks all the time even against your own company.