October Surprise Predictions anyone?

S

Spud

Any thoughts on what sort of surprises we can expect before the election?

• Bin Ladin captured?
  • Dep. of Homeland Security issues level red warning for impending attacks
  • Al Queda attack on the US
  • John McCain switches over and supports Kerry
  • Michael Jackson b#tch slaps emimen?
  • Big Mt. St. Helen's eruption
  • Red Soxs win the World Series
List your predictions - cynical, whimsical, hopeful and frightening here please.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Somebody writes "God Votes for Bush" somewhere or somehow unique enough so that people think it's actually message from God. Frighteningly enough, that would probably increase the number of votes he gets among some crowds.

That's all I can think of.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terror alert will definitely rise...i'll bet you good money on that...

and if we get bin Laden right before the election i'm gonna be very suspicious...

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here's my long shot:

Dubya's daughters both enlist in the Marines, and volunteer for duty in Iraq.

OP
A

auxprix

Infallible proof is found that substantiates my belief that yes, Laura Bush is in fact a robot.

Oh, also, (and seriously) a finantial scandle involving Kerry.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cheney drops out, or they declare 'peace' in Iraq.

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

Hmmm...How about Laura Bush and Teresa Heinz-Kerry decide that their new friendship transcends political lines, and they decide to run as a late addition to the ticket.

Shortly thereafter, they are elected, and vow to never, ever again wear the same style outfits while seen in public :D

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

Phoenix44 said:
Here's my long shot:

Dubya's daughters both enlist in the Marines, and volunteer for duty in Iraq.
LOL...They wouldn't make it past boot camp.

OP
S

Spud

I was thinking that Ted Kennedy will have a hard time staying out of the spot-light. He will do an interview where he gives up a terrible sound bite that will "grow legs" finding its way into campaign ads, Leno monologues, and CNN every hour on the hour. Theresa Heinz Kerry or Jesse Jackson are my alternates for this.

Matt Drudge was reporting that John Edwards may have scooped them all with the alleged statement about people like Christopher Reeve getting up out of their wheel chairs if John Kerry is elected. Interestingly enough, that headline from the Drudge Report has been removed this morning and apparently purged from his archive..... Could Mr. Drudge have jumped the gun or fallen prey to a crap rumour? Developing....

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Red Sox make it to the World Series and so do the Houston Astros, so that we have a Texas team and a Massachusetts team, just like in the Presidential election. Thank goodness for the Curse of the Bambino. Go 'Stros!

OP
B

Baytor

I think that there is a really good chance that OBL is dead already. He has some degenerating condition that required a lot of medical attention. I thought that I heard it was his kidneys or liver, and that he required diallasis every couple of days or so. If that's true, he's either dead or back home in Saudi Arabia. At least, that's my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that we'll see the alert level go up pretty soon, probably in the next 2 weeks.
Another thing that might come up...Maybe they will catch that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Sure, he's not OBL, but he's a pretty big player in Iraq right now.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ralph Nader pulls a sneak attack from behind the lines, and surprises everybody (including himself) by winning an elections sweep.

Now THAT's scary.

D.

OP
S

Spud

TwistofFat Scores first! Red Sox beat the Yankees

Xequat could go for whole enchilada tonight if the Astros win thus picking two underdogs for the world series.

And Newsweek is making noises supporting IamBaytor's sage prediction. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6289451/site/newsweek/

Will North Korea step up and endorse Bush hence giving him a trefecta endorsement from the old axis of evil? Long shot odds on that one, but who knows.

Still accepting predictions....

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
If it's not too late, I'd like to add to mine...whichever team wins the World Series between the Astros and Red Sox, the Presidential candidate from that state also wins the election. I though I put that in there originally, but I just alluded to it. Just wanted to take it from unlikely to a little ridiculous. :)

OP
S

Spud

Xequat said:
If it's not too late, I'd like to add to mine...whichever team wins the World Series between the Astros and Red Sox, the Presidential candidate from that state also wins the election. I though I put that in there originally, but I just alluded to it. Just wanted to take it from unlikely to a little ridiculous. :)
Brilliant! I like that. Somebody has been reading their tea leaves.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go for the Sox and Astros as well..... The Red sox are in though and that's all that matters.....YAY..:partyon: Well that and the fact that we are gonna get the ring!!!!:boing1: :roflmao: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :partyon::partyon:

Never give up hope if your a Sox fan!!:boing1::boing1::boing1:

Latest Discussions