Obamamania is running wild on yoooooou!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What chu gonna do, when the wild eyed birthers and caffineted tea swillers run rampant on chu!!!!!!!

Welcome to ObamaTalk. 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a week, 365 days a year. All Obamamania, All. The. Time!

Nothing else is going on. It's ALL OBAMA!

CNN now ONN for the Obama News Network.

Fox Announces Change! Now called simple "O".

MSNBC to reformat using new ObamaCam. You can watch live as the President "Passes a Bill" in the "Oval Office". Watch as internet exports debate wether or not that was Iowa corn in the "Bill".

Nothing else to see here. Might was well go hang out over at Martial Arts Planet.

OP
The Last Legionary

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
picture.php

OP
The Last Legionary

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brown lumpy things falling from the southern end of a north bound bull.

OP
The Last Legionary

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please, more stories about Obama. More! There can never be enough!

I want to read how he doesn't take a **** right.

Or how he must be a Muslim because he wipes his *** with the wrong hand.

Or how he's not really American because he doesn't like apple pie, or missed a baseball game.

Wait! I know! He's not a citizen because he once didn't wave to a WWI vet back in 1984 while at a rally in ChiTown.

Come on people, there has to be more Obama stories you can post. Certainly you haven't exhausted all the stupid, boring, brainless, only-an-idiot-would-believe-this-****, wacko bull droppings out there?

****! *******.

OP
The Last Legionary

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All the Obama crap is this:
picture.php

We get it, now STFU and maybe go post something oh I don't know, MARTIAL ARTS RELATED already?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think lots of them drink and make ice tea in the summer. I think it you that under estimates the popularity of tea. Tea is big dude.:mst:

I think they are all up north and can't make decent iced tea to safe their little lives...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think they are all up north and can't make decent iced tea to safe their little lives...
I make a hell of a sweet tea, but then again, I've got family near Atlanta and I learn fast. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On a serious vein.

The Study and it's sub sections were set up, so that serious non-martial arts topics could be discussed, with the intent being a serious focus, minimal drift and deep discussion.

It wasn't intended to be a platform for hate, liberal or conservative agendas, or home for excessive conspiracy nuttiness.

I am getting more and more complaints, more and more people asking to hide the whole section, to boot a few folks who hold 'unpopular' views, to shut it all down, and so on.

Too many people with thin skins. Who confuse insults and digs for debate and reason. Who can't accept, acknowledge or allow contradictory opinions or views.

It really, really, bugs the crap out of me. It's not what this section's intended for.

We have an infinite number of social issues, historical matters, environmental concerns that can be discussed.

The Obama Obama Obama we're burnt out already. I'm just as sick of anything Obama related, as I am Pelosi, Reed, Prop 8, Healthcare, Palin, Bush, Clinton, and WNY MA politics related. I'm not the only one.

Please, find some other non-wornout topics to discuss for a while. If things continue to deteriorate, there won't be a Study area here, or political discussion at all by the time the 2012 campaigns kick into full tilt.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
For my money the only tea worth drinking is called the Long Island Iced Tea.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Back in the ancient history of World of Warcraft forums (i.e. 4 years ago), one druid player decided to take another tired, worn-out troll post and turned it into a waffle recipe thread. Many more players soon piled on to the idea, and before you knew it people were signing onto the druid forum just to get breakfast ideas.

I suggest we do the same here. Post your favorite tea recipe and save the Study from being shut down again! :lol:

Personally, I don't drink tea, never have been able to get into it. Just something odd about the flavor.

P.S.: Not saying this is a trolling thread, my apologies. I'm as tired of the worn-out subjects as the OP. Wanted to clarify.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On a serious vein.

The Study and it's sub sections were set up, so that serious non-martial arts topics could be discussed, with the intent being a serious focus, minimal drift and deep discussion.

It wasn't intended to be a platform for hate, liberal or conservative agendas, or home for excessive conspiracy nuttiness.

I am getting more and more complaints, more and more people asking to hide the whole section, to boot a few folks who hold 'unpopular' views, to shut it all down, and so on.

Too many people with thin skins. Who confuse insults and digs for debate and reason. Who can't accept, acknowledge or allow contradictory opinions or views.

It really, really, bugs the crap out of me. It's not what this section's intended for.

We have an infinite number of social issues, historical matters, environmental concerns that can be discussed.

The Obama Obama Obama we're burnt out already. I'm just as sick of anything Obama related, as I am Pelosi, Reed, Prop 8, Healthcare, Palin, Bush, Clinton, and WNY MA politics related. I'm not the only one.

Please, find some other non-wornout topics to discuss for a while. If things continue to deteriorate, there won't be a Study area here, or political discussion at all by the time the 2012 campaigns kick into full tilt.

Well, as forum junky I have my couple of regular stomping grounds, each climate different, according to the crowd visiting.
One was very active until a few years ago.
The debate board was 'the rough end of town' but with a strict set of rules.
The special thing about those rules:
A bunch of teenagers and highschool kids put them together
http://distanthorizons.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ctb&action=display&thread=14891

(and no, a couple of study regulars would have not stood a snowball's chance in hell there in the hay days...)

Somewhere along the line you have to realize: what do you care if a person on the internet disagrees without?!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Running this site is a balancing act.
Trying to balance it's mission of being a friendly martial arts board, against folks desires to discuss other topics, to argue, to expose fraud, and so on. Big headache, as every mod and former mod knows. It's often pretty thankless. We get tons of reports that really are little more than "he disagrees with me, go censor him!" or "he's calling me an *** after I called him one. punish him!". It gets tiring.

Logging in here and seeing a screen full of "Obama Bad" posts, or "Islam Bad" or "Christians are good/evil" or "Bush Bad"....and nary an art topic...makes me reconsider spending the $5k a year it costs to run the site.

I can shut down the study. There's enough members who support that idea.
I can impose a "no politics/no religion" policy. Enough members support that too, and it's fairly common on other sites.
I can kill the area for a month as an experiment.
I can impose minimum post requirements.
I can make it Supporting Members Only. Most of the regulars are SM's, so we'd only lose a few voices. And a lot of lurkers. And Google rankings. And Ad revenue.

The Study generates a nice chunk of change that goes quite a ways towards offsetting that $5,000 a year operating cost.

So, what I'm saying here is, you all like having this section here. I like having it here. It helps keep the lights on, and breaks up the monotony of the day. It gives us a place to let off a little steam about events that matter to us.
I need everyones help to make the entire site diverse, and to make things in here more diverse while keeping things at a sane level.

I can subdivide further. I can add new areas, change rules, impose policies, etc.

But at the end of the day, what -I- want, is MT as a whole, to continue to grow.
and finance my pho addiction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions