Obama for president?

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
What is your opinion on Obama as president? I for one hope he does not get the democratic nomination. let me also say I'm not a Hillary supporter. I'm for McCain. I think McCain has a better chance of beating Hillary than Obama though. I think that Obama's wife is hurting his chances. The theosis she wrote in college has been locked up so no one can read it untill after the election. What is in it that she doesn't want us to read? Is it that bad? Is it something that could hurt her husbands chances of being president? Who knows, but I think that if it does have something to do with him and his chances at the presidency then we the public have a right to read this. I just don't trust Obama. Whats your oppinion on him?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My opinion?

best public speaker since Ronald Reagan.

however

his speeches, while stirring, are devoid of anything resembling a "this is how i will do this"

He has more experience in government than Hillary does, but less than any candidate in recent memory and his voting record is far left liberal.

His wife eating her shoe hurt him.
BUT
His pastor may have killed his chances. You cant get away from the fact that he listened to and took guidance from a former muslim america hater who thinks the US government invented HIV to kill people of color.

He titled his book "dreams of my father" and it turns out his father was a radical communist wannabe.

Obama stands a better chance in the general election than Hillary does, but he still doesnt stand a chance.

The only reason he is even a serious candidate is because the main stream press is in LOVE with the guy and wont do their jobs asking him the tough questions.

OP
JadeDragon3

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree Twin Fist. How can you go to a church for 20 years plus and not agree with what your priest/paster or whatever says. you have to believe what they say to some point otherwise you would go elsewhere. I really hope he doesn't win.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think he would be a bad choice but then again so is everybody else.:cuss::btg::soapbox::barf:

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The things that I want to see addressed in the upcoming election are attempting universal health care and taking measures to end WW3 before it escalates into US city streets on a daily basis.

I personally think that Obama most represents a willingness to address those issues.

Now, do I believe that all our problems will be solved? No. That would be childish to think that way.

I'm not a McCain supporter because I honestly believe he's the Manchurian Candidate :EG:

And on a selfish, facetious level, I'd like to see a Black President. That's just me.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I want to see a good president, regardless of his color. If Powell or Rice was running? I would be all over that like ugly on an ape.

I like the IDEA of universal heath care, but we already have that for emergencies. Plus, no one has a plan for it that doesnt include raising taxes.And I will never vote for a candidate that looks like they cant wait to raise taxes.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He's a good looking, articulate guy, sadly, I haven't seen anything in the way of substance or original thought from him. I cannot stand Hillary Clinton, but, giving the devil her due, she has had original ideas...

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, i will say this, there is only one reason i need to know that 9-11 was not an inside job.

Those three community college drop outs that made loose change are still alive.

Not to mention the fact that IF the government was willing to pull off 9-11, (lets not think about ABLE to pull it off) they would have made damn sure we found wmd's in iraq.

So no, it wasnt an inside job.

back on topic
When i heard Jesse Ventura had joined the "truthers" i cried a little inside.

But I cant think of anyone Obama could pick as a running mate that would be cool enough to get me to vote for him.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
maybe, Collin Powel

BUT

if it was Collin Powel for president with Obama as vp?

I would vote for that i think.

Logan

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would go for Obama, mainly because I don't trust the others and am pretty disgusted with their tactics to be honest. In Texas last month, I was shocked by the public white supremacy crap that was being spouted everywhere.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
maybe, Collin Powel

BUT

if it was Collin Powel for president with Obama as vp?

I would vote for that i think.
Powell has never really "came out" as far as his political beliefs are concerned.
Many assume he is a conservative republican because of his decades of military service, but, we don't KNOW.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like Obama and his stances on everything from executive pay to taxes to the causes of the dollar's devaluation.
Don't get me wrong, I don't consider Clinton much better...her whole universal healthcare things is sadly misguided!
I find it sad that when faced with a choice for the leader of the country I feel like we aren't picking a leader, we are picking the lesser of 2 evils...

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would go for Obama, mainly because I don't trust the others and am pretty disgusted with their tactics to be honest. In Texas last month, I was shocked by the public white supremacy crap that was being spouted everywhere.

I would certainly like to hear some details about this. i live in texas, and I havnt heard very much of this at all, and certainly not in public

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Logan could you explain about this white supemacy crap that is going on in my own backyard, I live here and have no earthly ideal.

Latest Discussions