NYPD Officer Pushed To His Death

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42059474/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

NEW YORK — Police say a New York City officer responding to a domestic violence call was preparing to take a suspect into custody when the man shoved him over a railing and he fell 9 feet down a cement stairwell to his death.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly says 42-year-old Officer Alain Schaberger landed on his head and broke his neck early Sunday. He was pronounced dead at Lutheran Hospital.

First off, my thoughts and prayers go out to the officers family as well as the NYPD. Its a shame that this happened. Here you have a senseless death of an LEO and people will continue to wonder why it takes multiple officers to restrain someone. Here you have multiple officers and one still ends up dead.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42059474/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

First off, my thoughts and prayers go out to the officers family as well as the NYPD. Its a shame that this happened. Here you have a senseless death of an LEO and people will continue to wonder why it takes multiple officers to restrain someone. Here you have multiple officers and one still ends up dead.

Most people don't realize that multiple officers is for everyone's safety. They also think that police have some magical Mr. Spock "Vulcan nerve pinch" that instantly gains compliance in an unruly suspect.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
horrible story.
I hope the guy who caused it lives a long painful solitary life having nightmares of the death he caused.
I hope he thinks every minute of the day how for something relatively minor in terms of jailtime he would have served turned into a lifetime behind bars..

on a side note.. what is criminal contempt of court about?
is that a different way of describing resisting arrest?
I never heard that phrase used outside of a courtroom

Latest Discussions