notes to exchange conversion

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anybody complete this fun project? If so what tools did you use? Quest is supposed to be a good tool. Any recommendations? We're talking about 450 users in a VM environment. Going from Notes 6.5 to Exch 2007...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We've been using the Quest tool for Novell NDS to MS AD migration and it has worked fairly well. I really can't speak for the Domino to Exchange migration tool from Quest though.

Mail shouldn't be too difficult to migrate, but if you have custom Lotus Domino applications, you may be in for a lot more work. I haven't heard of any tools that can convert those. I've heard some companies only move their email and stick with Notes/Domino as their groupware/collaboration platform. It doesn't make sense to me because you would end up with two platforms and clients to support.

Oh well, sometimes those fancy MS adverts in the flight magazines are just too good for execs to pass up! ;)

OP
Jdokan

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh well, sometimes those fancy MS adverts in the flight magazines are just too good for execs to pass up! ;)[/quote]
isn't that the truth........

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
slightly offtopic >

If there was a bit more research at trying to run private pop/smtp or get gmail apps in sight , i think you could save tons of money, days of work ( i know that setting up a big mailserver costs time... ;) ) and loads of frustration...

Latest Discussions