Ninjutsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shiro

I have found some of the letters on this site interesting, But it seems to Me some people jump alittle to quick with their opinions.

I am a student of Mr. Hayes and find Him to be a Great Instructor,and Martial Artist! He teaches a side of the Martial Arts that very few Instructors do(not just Bujinkan).

We seek not to walk in the footsteps of the old ones We seek the things they sought!
Best wishes everyone.

OP
S

shiro

No that is not what I am refering to.

I do not take His toshin do But I have come to understand it alot better over the last few years.

Do You know Mr. Hayes.Or trained with Him? Where do You train?

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
shiro said:
I have found some of the letters on this site interesting, But it seems to Me some people jump alittle to quick with their opinions.

I am a student of Mr. Hayes and find Him to be a Great Instructor,and Martial Artist! He teaches a side of the Martial Arts that very few Instructors do(not just Bujinkan).

We seek not to walk in the footsteps of the old ones We seek the things they sought!
Best wishes everyone.
Shiro,

As a student of Mr. Hayes, please elaborate on your training with him. Are you in Dayton?

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
shiro said:

Best wishes everyone.
Shiro, welcome to the board! Enjoy your stay here. Martial Talk is a place for a friendly discussion of the arts, with a calm and laid back atmosphere. Look around, and you'll find a wealth of good knowledge spread throughout the various forums here. Happy posting
icon7.gif

OP
S

shiro

I am new to this site so I have had to go back and read some of the letters to up date myself. I had alot of Questions about Mr. Hayes relationship with Mr. Hatsumi
Mr. Hayes does go to Japan to train still. Does teach His modern Toshin Do and still gives Out Bujinkan Rank grades. Most of my Questions were answered in the New revised Book Secrets from the Ninja rand Master.
Two Questions
1. Why would Hatsumi write this book with Mr.Hayes?And then update it?
2. Why hasen't Mr. Hatsumi wrote books with anyone else other than(Grandmaster book of Ninja training)?
I have come to believe Mr.Hatsumi cares greatly for Mr Hayes and Mr.Hayes for Mr.Hatsumi.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The DVD I use is "classical" but I am not sure if it is Bujinkan or Toshindo...

either way, I can tell the difference. I thought only his new stuff was Toshindo, but I cant take a chance on Booj banning.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shiro said:
2. Why hasen't Mr. Hatsumi wrote books with anyone else other than.

I believe he has. Jack Hoban mentions one he worked on with Hatsumi on his site, and (I may be mistaken, someone else could correct this if I am wrong) "Understand? Good Play" was written with the assistance of Benjamin Cole...

Its simply not true that Hayes is the only one Hatsumi has done books with.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heres a small list from Amazon:

The Way Of The Ninja: Secret Techniques
by Masaaki; Hatsumi, Ben Jones

Stick Fighting
by Masaaki Hatsumi, Quintin Chambers

Understand? Good. Play!--Words of Consequence
by Masaaki Hatsumi, Benjamin Cole

Ninpo: Wisdom for Life
by Masaaki Hatsumi, Joe Maurantonio

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good information folks.

Can we get the names of these books, perhaps, and the DVD.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
Good information folks.

Can we get the names of these books, perhaps, and the DVD.

Look at my post above this... I posted the names of the books

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
you can do it in secret...
angel.gif
Not sure if that would work.?.

No that is not what I am refering to.

I do not take His toshin do But I have come to understand it alot better over the last few years.

Do You know Mr. Hayes.Or trained with Him? Where do You train?
Are you a student in the metaphorical sense? or do you train directly under SKH? I dont know Hayes personally, but, like I mentioned, have some of his home courses. My Ninjutsu training is Done thru a Shodan in my area. I also practice Aikijutsu, Tushkahoma, Jujutsu (shodan), and some backyard wrestling. I have some experience in TKD, Karate, Eskrima (cabales), Hapkido, JKD, BJJ, and various bits and peices that I did for like a week.

What kind of Training do you have?

Cheers,
Kyle

OP
S

shiro

All of the books You mentioned was not coaurthered they were translations.
The DvDs are from Mr. Hayes Classical Warrior training Study course(see quest web page for info)
I think Mr. Hatsumi says it all in the updated part of the book point blank.
If You have not read the new book please do It is very good.
Thank You

OP
S

shiro

17yrs training in Shotokan Karate and Shaolin Kung-Fu 14yrs in Seiei Ju-Jutsu, 1yr in Aikido, Around 4yrs in Ninjutsu(Budo Tai Jutsu) 3yrs under Mr. Hayes not long distance.
Who is the Shodan?
I hope this helps clar up Your Questions Shogun.
Thank You

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shiro said:
I have come to believe Mr.Hatsumi cares greatly for Mr Hayes and Mr.Hayes for Mr.Hatsumi.

Have you asked Hatsumi personally about the matter? If you care enough to try to convince other people that Hastsumi likes Hayes to start a thread, why not take the time to challenge your convictions and ask Hatsumi in private about the matter?

Or perhaps you can ask people who were at the Honbu just after this years Tai Kai what Hatsumi said. Do you think that every last person who was there would lie about it? Can you find anyone who was there that disagrees with what has been reported here?

There has been many, many flame wars here. This matter has been discussed and there has been a lot of ill will generated by it. It would perhaps be better if you sought out Hatsumi or one of the people who were at the announcement and challenge your convictions by asking them rather than open up yet another can of worms.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shiro said:
All of the books You mentioned was not coaurthered they were translations.

Thank You

Uh... yeah.

Quintin Chambers did not TRANSLATE Stick fighting he co-authored it... Atsuko Chambers did the Translation. Check page 10 of said book. it referes to Hatsumi and Chambers both as "Authors" and Atsuko is aknowlaged for translating.

I cant speak for the others off hand, but I have stick fighting in my hand as I write this...

You're Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.