Ninjutsu video recommendations

F

Fool Wolf

I am interested in augmenting my current training with some instructional videos. Does anyone out there have recommendations as to which ones are the best? I like Bujinkan but am not adverse to modern styles if it is a quality product.

Thanks
FW

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
most videos are thematical so it just depends what you are looking for. if you want knife fighting, kicks, etc.
what exactly do you want?
peace

OP
A

AaronLucia

I know Hatsumi has alot of videos out. There were alot of them on ebay for about 20 bucks a piece. You could also check out Ninjutsu.com, Richard Von Donk has a 'black belt home study' thing that has alot of basics and explanations.

OP
U

unterlich

hmm from bujinkan i like the hatsumi's gyokko ryu, koto ryu and shinden fudo ryu.
from tanemura i like the KJJR, Kenjutsu and Naginata +Yari

OP
F

Fool Wolf

Thanks for the input. I am looking for mainly unarmed Taijutsu instruction. Does anyone know if any of Hayes' products are any good?

FW

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
from what i've seen fool wolf, hayes' videos are very good for self defense purpose. the moves aren't pretty or staged, but they seem to be effective. if you want to learn basics then do the distance learning stuff. i believe you can also just get the videos seperate. i'm sure gmunoz can explain more.
peace

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
from what i've seen fool wolf, hayes' videos are very good for self defense purpose. the moves aren't pretty or staged, but they seem to be effective. if you want to learn basics then do the distance learning stuff. i believe you can also just get the videos seperate. i'm sure gmunoz can explain more.
peace
I believe Shogun has some of his videos as well, maybe he can give you an opinion on them.

OP
U

unterlich

trust me, hayes's videos are great !!!!

OP
W

wadokai_indo

If you understand the Dutch language, the video GENBUKAN NINPO BUGEI by Peter Vermeern, produced by BUDO INTERNATIONAL, is very good, it covers most basics in detail & many traditional Kata as well!

r.severe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have a 12 hour tape that shows things I felt were missing in the Bujinkan.. there are so many different techniques on it I would fail to list them all here.. but it's good.. I would say a 10 for information and a 7 for light, text and etc.. made in early 2001...

I have a 6 hour tape on ground survival too.. it's very good for beginners.. and geared towards Bujinkan members who wanted something effective without all the fluff... I say 10 for information and 5 for everything else, made in early 2000...

I have the 'best' over all kukishinden ryu bojutsu tape I've ever seen.. it was made in 1991.. and still no one has come clse to the amount of techniques and information on this tape as of yet.. it's about 2 hours.. totally the best..

I also have a taijutsu tape that was made for fun.. but covers a great deal of the Bujinkan kihon.. and is clear and to the point too.. I would say it is 2 hours.. made in 1991..

I do not have these.. you will have to contact my web master for information on these.. but I can answer questions about them..
ok
good luck..

ralph severe, kamiyama

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Hayes' videos are good. Practical, balanced, not overwhelming. I really enjoy them. Unarmed taijutsu? You can utilize the Kihon series DVD specifically for that. Good stuff.

Latest Discussions