Ninjutsu Student in Hong Kong

HKToshindo

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Robert and I live in Hong Kong. Yes, there are many nice martial arts here, but I have always been drawn to the art of ninjutsu. So, I have started training with Anshu Stephen Hayes' home study course. I know it will not be as easy as having a teacher, but with extra effort on my part I have been assured that I will be just as good as a regular student.

At this point I am planning on taking a trip to Japan in July to learn from the teacher of my teacher. I hope to gain as much information as I can from here before I depart.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!
icon6.gif

kuroshinja

White Belt
Reaction score
Your road will not be an easy one grasshopper but it will prove to be rewarding. Enjoy your journey and keep us posted as you travel onward. Oss.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Welcome

Let me get this straight...You’re in Hong Kong (loaded with multiple CMA styles) and you studying Ninjutsu with the Anshu Stephen Hayes' home study course...... I am more than a bit confused and thinking about how much opportunity you are passing up but that's ok... it is likely just me.

I wish you luck and I hope you find what you are looking for in Japan

manhattan1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Robert and I live in Hong Kong. Yes, there are many nice martial arts here, but I have always been drawn to the art of ninjutsu. So, I have started training with Anshu Stephen Hayes' home study course. I know it will not be as easy as having a teacher, but with extra effort on my part I have been assured that I will be just as good as a regular student.

At this point I am planning on taking a trip to Japan in July to learn from the teacher of my teacher. I hope to gain as much information as I can from here before I depart.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

Hi Robert,

Does not sounds like a easy task you have before you, but on the other hand you are lucky living so close to Japan (if its Ninjutsu you want to learn)... :)
But as far as i remember there is also a Bujinkan Dojo in Hong Kong (unless its closed again), i got this from online:

Bujinkan is now available in Hong Kong. Anyone interested in training can mail [email protected]

But if they are closed again or its not a X-kan, then i still think you should do some cross-training to help you with your home study program....
I know there are styles that has many similarities to Bujinkan (Ninjutsu) like the one i train now Villasin Balintawak (FMA/Eskrima) and classic Jiu-Jitsu/Ju-Jutsu.....
I would also suggest if you have not already done so, that you read all of S. Hayes Ninja books and Ninpo Secrets by Tanemura Sensei.

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen
http://www.fma-arnis.dk

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey,
Welcome to MT! Hong Kong's an awesome place, but good luck on your quest.
Though as Xue pointed out there are a lot of great local Schools as well. But if Ninjutsu is truly what your after than best of luck.

OP
H

HKToshindo

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been away.

As soon as I posted, someone mailed me and said I should avoid this forum. I now have a private message from a member here saying the same thing.

I have found out that Mr Hayes has been lying about his relationship with Dr Hatsumi. I know because I have been in Japan for the last few days and got the story from Dr Hatsumi and others. I feel very used and ashamed right now.

When I first started the DVD course, I asked about an instructor in Hong Kong and was told to avoid him because of problems he had with some of his students. I am sure it was just more slander. When I get back from Japan in a few weeks I will be sure to look him up.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been away.

As soon as I posted, someone mailed me and said I should avoid this forum. I now have a private message from a member here saying the same thing.

I have found out that Mr Hayes has been lying about his relationship with Dr Hatsumi. I know because I have been in Japan for the last few days and got the story from Dr Hatsumi and others. I feel very used and ashamed right now.

When I first started the DVD course, I asked about an instructor in Hong Kong and was told to avoid him because of problems he had with some of his students. I am sure it was just more slander. When I get back from Japan in a few weeks I will be sure to look him up.
Where you post and participate is your own business. If your instructors don't want you posting -- that's their call, and your decision whether you want to comply. MartialTalk used to quite a few very knowledgeable Bujinkan posters, but several have gone chosen not to post here anymore for their own reasons; several still remain.

You're welcome to stick around and post or simply lurk as long as you'd like.

Latest Discussions